cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What would you add to your RV experience?

SuGar_Shack
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious. What would you add? I am talking of the overall experience, not a new washing machine or tech stuff! For instance, what could parks provide? If you had your druthers, what would you wish for?
Gary & Susie
2006 Dynaquest Super M320
300 Cat 6 spd Allison
2010 Ford Edge Limited Toad
65 REPLIES 65

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
NYCgrrl wrote:
Less overhead lights w/i the campgrounds infrastructure so I could actual see the stars.

And, less camping neighbors running big lights on the left side of their camper lighting up MY camp site all night long.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Less overhead lights w/i the campgrounds infrastructure so I could actual see the stars.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Carlos & Ranae wrote:
State parks reservations system and site sizes. Campers these days are a wee bit bigger than our grandfathers 24 footers. As to the reservation, eleven months out is too much. Here in Florida it is difficult to get a reservation 30 days out.

Last weekend I had a "unicorn moment" - trying to get into a Fl State Park with only a week's notice. Um, yeah - that's wishing for unicorns...sigh....

So I guess MY RVing experience would be enhanced by larger camping facilities in State Parks. Especially Florida.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is one thing I love to add to my experience because it adds more experiences.

DIESEL.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
A cell Phone ban outside your rig so I do not hve to listen to other peoples conversation
If you are that close, get out of W-Mart and go to a nice park.
So big a world, so little time to see.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
olfarmer wrote:
We don't camp we "RV", did our camping years ago with a tent then a fold down trailer. Now we want full hookups, WIFI, TV, and enough space between RVs to cook out and have a view. We love beautiful scenery but not about to dry camp or boondock for more than 1 night at our age! I enjoy having neighbors but not so close our awnings touch. I also like to have my toddy at night but I am quiet and don't bother anyone! To each his own. :B
Providing and maintaining FHU is expensive, and the further apart the sites are, the more expensive the infrastructure becomes. Most people want FHU, large sites, but are not willing to pay the cost to make it economically feasible. Enough people opt out of paying the higher fees that Park Owner's won't even consider taking that bath. The same exact thing happens with constructing new sticks and bricks developments.

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
More places to go. Seems that most campgrounds are booked up every weekend during the spring and summer months. If you can't go during the week, there's little choices where to go.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Corky12 wrote:
No dogs, no generators.

That would be one empty campground.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never buy a Forest River again !

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We don't camp we "RV", did our camping years ago with a tent then a fold down trailer. Now we want full hookups, WIFI, TV, and enough space between RVs to cook out and have a view. We love beautiful scenery but not about to dry camp or boondock for more than 1 night at our age! I enjoy having neighbors but not so close our awnings touch. I also like to have my toddy at night but I am quiet and don't bother anyone! To each his own. :B
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
IndyTraveler wrote:
Recycling centers in the each park or campground.

Yes, this would be good to have.

IndyTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Recycling centers in the each park or campground.

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
The big RV parks seem to have a good variety of options for that sort of camping, which can be quite enjoyable. Having been a backpacker a huge part of my life, and someone who enjoys tend camping although it doesn't like me so much anymore, what I'd like to see is the smaller remote forest service and BLM type campgrounds having spots big enough for my 5er. I like the widely spread out spots, remoteness, and quietness. Of course very strict limits on generator use would also be a great plus for this type of site.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of SPs & NPs say no alcohol. Not that many pay attention to the signs. Can't see any CG authority getting upset with people quietly partaking. The rule is there as a stick for the rowdy ones.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995