cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge not functioning

Mbiallas
Explorer
Explorer
Our Norcold fridge quit working a few days ago and I can't figure out what is happening. The display seems to work fine and allows you to change from lp to ac but nothing happens. Even when selecting lp the pilot doesn't even attempt to light. Also the light inside the fridge doesn't come on. It seems like an electrical issue but it's over my head. Is it possible that the panel uses 12 volts but relies on 120 to run? I just don't understand why the panel would light up and everything but the unit just will not cool down. Again last week it was working.
14 REPLIES 14

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mmiille wrote:
That's the code I had. Li op.

That means your recall control box has tripped. You have to use a magnet to reset it. Doug

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
That's the code I had. Li op.
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mmiille wrote:
So how do you reset a 1210IM?

Not needed unless you have a NO CO or Li OP code. Resets ONLY fix these 2 codes, nothing else. Doug

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
So how do you reset a 1210IM?
Martin & Cheryl
Full timing since 2010.

Mbiallas
Explorer
Explorer
I sure did. Sorry for not responding back. Weird thing is that the fuses were both fine. Pulled them out and put them back in. Viola. It started working. Must have beem a bad connection.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wonder if the OP every got his fridge up and working :h:h:h
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

keepingthelight
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure your batteries are charged up. If not, your fridge will not operate correctly. It needs 12V as stated above to run the controls.

Goodluck;)
05 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH w/4 slides
CAT C7 350+ HP MP-8, Aero Muffler, AFE Filter
06 HHR LT Toad
Ready Brute Elite

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
First Check GFI and check that the battery is charged and/or converter charging battery. Some model RV's/fridge's have to have 12 volt for thermostat to function.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's something you can check easily and it doesn't require a lot of electrical knowledge.

1. Remove the outside access panel.
2. On the back of the fridge you'll see a small black box, about 3X5.
3. You'll have to remove the cover on this box. To do so, you may have to remove a couple wires so make sure you take a pic of the wiring before you attempt to remove the cover.
4. Inside this box you'll see two fuses. These are the old style glass fuses. One is 120VAC and the other 12VDC. My guess is this 12VDC fuse has blown. Make sure you replace it with the IDENTICAL fuse.
5. Put everything back together in reverse of steps 1-4 and see if the fridge fires up.

If this does not fix your problem, let me know and I'll tell you how to reset the whole fridge. A model number would help also as these instructions are for the Norcold 1200...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RV'ing issues.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fridge uses 12V DC for controls, panel lights, interior light and propane gas valve

Fridge uses 120V AC for electric heat element PLUS 12V DC for its control.

What MODEL is your fridge?

In the outside compartment is there a black box mounted on slanted tubes....does it have a RED light on?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

The panel uses and requires 12V to run.
Check the 12V fuses at your converter panel. If they are good there is also a 12V fuse on the back of the fridge on the circuit board.
If your panel lights don't light up,it means no 12V at the fridge.
110V is only required to run the fridge on AC power rather than on the batteries.
Regardless of whether it runs on propane or 110V, it needs 12V to function. All the electronic components run on 12V.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes the 110 is on the same circuit as your GFI outlet. Check to see if the GFI is tripped.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!