Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Buying new TT

Hi everyone,me and my wife are taking the plunge and plan on living full time in an RV in a few months, making our purchase in December. I know the model to shoot for and have spent months examining dealers and their inventory. But as I approach the ...

Annual freeze question - mcc272 please respond

Saw a post re: Northern Lite's 10-2 water pump and winter camping question and it got me thinking-Do you worry that any of the smaller water lines will freeze/break if it gets cold enough to partially freeze the water pump? (This is aimed at mc272mcc...

Stars101 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow hitch ?'s

I just picked up a 2015 Silverado 2500HD, it never had a tow hitch installed on it and I would like to install one myself. I don't have a trailer at this time and will be using the truck for hauling my truck camper, and maybe one day hauling a boat. ...

nuckfan by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

2nd battery

i just bought a new truck and there is a second battery tray. My camper's battery house is quite small and i would like to run a second battery in parallel. i think this is a fairly common application. Has anyone done this? is it simple? my electrica...

nuckfan by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Manufacturers?

Hello All. Looking for some advice. My wife and I are searching for our first TT, a bunk house version to be exact.Can anyone offer up a list of the best manufacturers down to the ones to stay away from?I know most are made in the same location in In...

Rcole33 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Artic Fox 19B traier

We just bought this yesterday an 03 Artic Fox 19' trailer, it came without one manual for anything, does anyone know where or how I can get one.??Thank You, Ford31

ford31 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

For all you torque fans out there

A friend of mine brought this in the office the other day. I thought it was really cool. It should be running this weekend.Specs: 16.5" rod5" piston bore6 horsepower at 500 RPMThat plays out to a whopping 60 FT/LBS of torque!!!! Over a 10 to 1 power ...

Dalton Highway Article for TCers

Interesting article from a NYTimes writer. The comments at the end are equally interesting.I found driving the Dalton with my TC to be a great adventure, one that I did several times for fun and for work.Driving the Dalton Highway, North America's l...

Differential ratio?

My 2000 Ford F-250 has a axle code RC-52 on the door. I take it is a 4:10 non limited slip? With my manual 5 sp 75mph is 3000 rpm.

Ram 2005 headlight bulbs

On the new to me 05 Ram 2500 CTD, I note a big difference in lighting compared to Old Faithful (97 Ram), but it's still not perfect. What type of bulb should I use while staying street legal? I've used Sylvania's zXe in the old truck, they are good b...

Bike rack

Hello,I am brand new to the forum and just got my first travel trailer in May. I have a 22ft Coleman. My first trip out I installed a hitch reciever unit on the bumper of the trailer i but a 2 bike rack holder in and off we went on a 4 hr drive. ...

Bolt696 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel trailer

I hsve a friend who owns a travel trailer. They took it camping when it was pretty cold in Michigan. Turned on the heat at night and the windows got condensation and dripped water down the walls. Is that normal?

Metal stress surprises

Our TT is great for getting us backwards and forwards from Ontario to Arizona. However it does have a fault: The angle iron bars which hold up the black and grey tanks (two bars per tank) were poorly welded to the I beams running down the length of t...

ice2fire by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Netboy's Camper Project Page has a new address

UPDATE: I had to move Netboy's The Camper Project Page again - it is now at http://netboy.16mb.com -- The previous "bethost6.com" host site didn't work out.===========================================Hey you-all, wanted to let you know that my Camper...