Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Uncle Frank gave me a 2006 32 ft Thor Wanderer

Hi everybody, I just retired and got this trailer. I can't find any specs on it and the florida registration just says 32 ft thor wanderer. No ID markings on outside or inside that i can find. I ran the VIN and that gave me squat. Its pretty solid an...

tony5416 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Adjusting Weight Distribution Hitch

I am in the process of adding larger wheels and a minor 2in lift to my truck. My question is this. I have the equalizer weight distribution hitch. I am going to adjust the ball down one notch. My questions are: Do I need to adjust the height of ...

Spare Tire Rack Failure - Third trip out with new RV.

Greetings friends,I'm not posting this to rant as much as to make some of you aware of a potential safety issue. I took our new Cherokee 274rfk out this week for its third trip since we purchased it. I stopped for lunch and after lunch did my walk-ar...

whjco by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I making the right hybrid manufacturer decision?

Hi,My family is new to the rv world as we have always been tent campers. We have finally decided to make the plunge as we have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old and need to not worry about the rain or overall weather conditions. We are looking at the Rockwo...

musgt91 by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

Tool Boxes - Show me yours please

We've had a rolling bed cover for years, and on this last trip the cover split. Second time, and this time I am not going to replace it. But I still need secure storage. Going with a cross-bed toolbox instead. But I've never owned one.Looking for i...

bpounds by Nomad
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Upper, lower, and heater hose replacement

When is the recommended time/miles to replace hoses on the tow vehicle? I have about 120,000 miles on the truck and still have original hoses and am thinking its time. I have a couple of estimates from shops at about $600 to replace them all. Does th...

Toilet Shims

Anyone ever use residential toilet shims in an RV to fix a rocking toilet? It’s a porcelain toilet in a 3 year old travel trailer. Flange is new and mounted with additional screws into the floor and flange bolts are tight. It just rocked and fearful ...

Mikesr by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bent hitch.....?

So I traded in my 5th wheel for a small travel trailer.... Come to find out the receiver (which i last used years ago for my old TT) had gotten beat up a bit (and rusty)- I can no longer slide the receiver bolt to hold the hitch in the receiver beca...

Well.....we've done it again

It seems that life and times have repeated themselves for us. Decades ago, we transitioned from a Popup to a Travel Trailer because the kids were outgrowing the Popup. Years later we found ourselves selling the Travel Trailer because we were so busy ...

AtlDave by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Leak, AC Leaking, and Bunk Breaking: Brand New

Our brand new camper was delivered 10 days ago. This weekend it rained and water was coming in - running down the wall near the dinette window, into the OH storage, and under the storage seat. The AC leaked condensation on the mattress, and there was...

jennytee by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Old TT Inverter/Power supply

Hi everybody Im new to the forum, not sure if this is the right place to post this question but like I said Im new and I try to learn where to post my questions as I come in here. Thank you. I have an old inverter/Power supply (might be from the 80')...

J_A_C by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

*UPDATE* ST tires any better nowadays?

It seems like all the ST tires you can get here on the East coast are cheap no-name brands, Maxxis not available out here last time I checked. I upgraded to LT tires (225/75-16) after my last blowout and haven't looked back. Now at 5 years old it l...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

shopping for trailer

Last year I bought a new Ram 1500 and gave up the idea of going to a class C. I went trailer shopping today and found a coleman camper at camping world we liked. I did a little research before we went to find out who makes coleman. Finding out it was...

jotityra by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes