Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2019 Roush Super Duty

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/2019-roush-f-150-nitemare-is-what-dreams-are-made-of/?utm_source=2019711&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content

danrclem by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning not working- Controller or motor?

After taking my camper out of storage this year, my awning fails to work.When I push the button, there's a small load which drops the volts 1/2 volt when plugged in.I tried to manually open it, but the nut spins freely on the crank outside. I can't ...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Floor bounce

We recently bought a 30’ ultra lite. It has power stab jacks for stabilizing but there is a lot of floor bounce even with heavy duty metal “between the tires” expandable chocks. I believe my best shot at getting rid of the floor bounce is supports ...

Old truck vs new truck

Maybe like many others - the thought of upgrading trucks comes with the dread dealing with all the new emission issues, or skipping diesel and go for a gasser. I have a 2005 Silverado 2500 LLY and have had it for a long time but only has 120k miles...

Opinions on Keystone Hideout

Very interested in buying the trailer listed below. It checks all our boxes but I thought I would check in to see if there is any red flags about Keystone and this specfic year and model. https://gregsrv.com/rvs/hideout-travel-trailer-2017-24bhs-5171...

Manufacturers offering Barrel Ceilings?

My husband is really hooked on the extra height that the barrel (or cathedral or domed, whatever they call it) ceilings give in some TTs. We have found several floor plans that we really like, but the ones that fit our specs dont seem to offer that c...

busybme by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Jake vs Exhaust Brake

Pulling a 2012 39 ft. 5th wheel with a 2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 dwd. Question is: what is best ? Jake brake or Exhaust brake ?

Trixie47 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Thank You

About two months ago I posted an issue I was having. One of my slides outs was not pulling back into the unit, well it pulled in but it took forever. Several members of this site gave me suggestions which all focused on the battery and power to mot...

When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.

We just agreed to a price on a Grand Design 2150RB. We have seen the TT once, this past Saturday. Today over e-mails we have come to an agreement on price. We gave them a $1000 on a CC fully refundable deposit to hold the unit. We wished go back to c...

WTW by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Aluminum rotting on Lance 915

I am finding the aluminum under the door on my Lance 915 is starting to rot away. I didn't think aluminum would rust or rot so to speak. Has anybody else experienced this or have any idea why this is happening? Thanks!

2020 Chevy Duramax 3.0 Diesel

The Chevy 3.0 Duramax has been delayed due to the EPA which is a shame, but not surprising. Also not a fan of the timing chain installed on the rear of the engine.Link

FishOnOne by Explorer III
  • 52 replies
  • 0 likes

Endurance failure

Uh oh. This is how it always seems to start.Grand Design Forum wrote:. Always check your tires! I found a sidewall bubble on one of the brand new Goodyears. Got it swapped the day before we left.

How are Power King tires?

I got a flat this weekend and threw my spare on. There was a tire store on the way so I had them swap out the flat with what they had in store. It was a load range D Power King Towmax STR II. Mixed reviews online as usual. Debating getting anoth...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes