Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

shopping for trailer

Last year I bought a new Ram 1500 and gave up the idea of going to a class C. I went trailer shopping today and found a coleman camper at camping world we liked. I did a little research before we went to find out who makes coleman. Finding out it was...

jotityra by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with a 2016 GMC Yukon Denali

Hi all! I'm a newbie here and to towing. But I bought my family the above vehicle so we could get travel trailer. I see there is alot to how to pick the weight I can pull and handle for TW, etc. I don't want to become an expert on the subject so some...

Issue with trailer brakes, need guidance

Good evening everyone. My wife and I are new to the travel trailer life and we had an issue on our trip this past weekend. I drive an 2014 f-250 and we have an Aspen Creek 2850 bunkhouse. We hooked up to leave for the long weekend and the truck threw...

mimmell by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Lite TC Owners?

I feel like I'm the only one on this forum. The search I did only came up with a couple owners who had issues with their Travel Lites. I know that every brand has it's issues and each camper is different depending on who put it together, and lots o...

Lance versus Arctic Fox, fridge in wall slide?

Currently have a hard side Lance, looking to upgrade to a slide unit. Most lances are just dinette slides, but the Arctic Fox have the full wall slide with the fridge in it. I'd like the full wall slide, but concerned with fridge performance in the s...

pcoplin by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing Tires on my GMC

My tow vehicle is a 2017 GMC 2500HD. The original tires are FirestoneLT225/75R17, they only have 23000 miles. I have rotated these tires at every oil change approx. every 5000 miles. All four tires have worn fairly equal. They need to be replace as t...

captbru by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

What are my vehicle s limits

I have a 2014 XLT F150 4/4.I’ll post pics of the specs in the next post.I have a floor plan in mind for a TT, but need to knowwhat my weight limits are.

rickhise by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading wheel size

I have a 2012 Passport 3220BH 7500lbs loaded. Right now it has 14 inch wheels and I need new tires and was thinking of going to a 15 inch rim. I currently have the Carlisle Radial Trail HD 205/75R14 LR C and they have been excellent. I just want to p...

ls1mike by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck camper with trailer length

Hello all.Re pulling a trailer, truck with camper bumper to rear hitch is 25'. Have a '04 vintage Haulmark 20' car hauler I can pull. Really only need something like 14' long and 7' wide for a scooter and couple bikes and misc. So with what I have...

Marcela by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ram 1500 Hemi or Ecodiesel?

We’re in the market for a Ram 1500. A friend owns a Hemi and loves it. He recommends against the diesel, citing lots of problems, lack of towing capacity and poor fuel mileage.I’ve read about some of the problems.Local dealer has eight 2018 Ram 150...

Front tire pressure?

Rig: 2006 GMC 2500HD with 2001 Lance 845 camper. Tires are Michelin LT265/75R16.My door jam plate says:Front 53 psiRear 80 psiI have been airing up to:Front 60 psiRear 80 psiMy axle weights with camper and loaded for long term travel are:Front 3350 l...

Using tape on aluminum roof seal?

Hey everybodyI know from past experience that many if not all campers eventually develop leaksrecently I picked up a nice older aluminum truck cap/canopy/shell to build out into a small camper. It's taller than cab height, with a sloping frontside, 2...

BMW442 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone using Happijac 4800 jacks?

I need to replace one jack. It's bent just enough that it's pulling a lot of current, and sometime blows the fuse for the right side. The jack works great with a hand crank but I want all 4 to work with the remote.Currently have Happijac 4500's, rat...

Joe417 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Alaskan pro/con

I am interested to hear from Alaskan owners about what is bad about the camper.How well do the seals work? Are they airtight? No drafts? How long do they last?Are there risk of the lift system failing realistically? (I had a HILO and always worried...

ajriding by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

TC maintenance schedule

We all observe car/truck maintenance schedules, often more carefully than we observe our own body diet, but how many have maintenance schedule for TC?For me it is none. So on last trip my 18 yo water pump start sucking air somewhere. It is placed wel...

Kayteg1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes