Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Alaskan pro/con

I am interested to hear from Alaskan owners about what is bad about the camper.How well do the seals work? Are they airtight? No drafts? How long do they last?Are there risk of the lift system failing realistically? (I had a HILO and always worried...

ajriding by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

TC maintenance schedule

We all observe car/truck maintenance schedules, often more carefully than we observe our own body diet, but how many have maintenance schedule for TC?For me it is none. So on last trip my 18 yo water pump start sucking air somewhere. It is placed wel...

Kayteg1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Drip Rail/Rain Gutter On Front Nose of Cabover

I remember seeing someone on here that installed a drip rail/rain gutter on the front nose of their cabover, but I cannot find the post in numerous searches? I just purchased 25' of flexible RV rain gutter with 3M automotive adhesive on the back to ...

MORSNOW by Navigator
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Northern Lite campers No Black Tank Clean out

Newbie here.I am very close to purchasing a new truck camper. Wifey and I have narrowed it down to the Northern Lite 10-2 or the Bigfoot 25c10.6.Mostly leaning toward the NL. However i have noticed that the NL does not have a black tankclean out syst...

Outfitter Apex 8 7/7/19 Heading west

Finally we got a break and work lined up, new granddaughter arrived 7/3/19 so on Sun 7/7/19 we are leaving Dallas Texas and heading to Carlsbad NM then to 4 Corners and Mesa Verde. After that we’re going to head up the west side of the divide and go ...

Ripit by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bottom damage

We just got home from a bucket list 5200 mile road trip towing the 2018 Coleman bumper pull. 10K/1K Equalizer hitch. As usual we hit some rough pavement. Some was unexpected and really bad. Enough to make me think broken spring or shackle or blown...

Mounting a backup camera

I bought a two camera system. One for the back of the truck, one for the back of the trailer. Without drilling into the tailgate, or using magnets, the only way I see to mount the camera would be just to the right of the top of the license plate (I...

Wheelbase questions

We're looking at towing a 8500# dry weight 5th wheel. The TV we're looking at is a f250 6.7 diesel, 6 3/4 box super cab. I'm not to concerned with the weight but the shorter super cab wheelbase is 142" vs a longer 156" in the crew cab. Any issues wit...

Performance/Efficiency versions of Cummins 6.7L

It appears that Cummins is doing the same thing to their 6.7L engines that they have been doing with the larger on highway engines for the past few years by making a performance version and an efficient version of the same engine. The performance ver...

DIY - Torklift Extension Handles

TorkLift Extension HandlesI didn't have much trouble with my old 24" single extension. But now that I have a few more miles on me and this 48" double extension is a lot heavier, I figured I would add a couple of handles to make it easier to install....

BradW by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots of help in how to post

Ok my GVWR 7350,Front GWAR 3750Rear GWAR 3850,Question- I’m looking for a TT that has opposing slides.Can anyone tell me by looking at those specsIs there a manufacturer of TT out that has opposing slideswhich I could tow ?Assuming tires brakes hitc...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck questions

Hello, be patient with me I belong on the A forum. The last 4 outings with our 32' gas Jayco Precept the wind has been 24 mph or greater.I have the CDL love big vehicles and its my happy place to drive, However on the last outings my very DH uttered ...

Mommalu by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes