Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Mounting a backup camera

I bought a two camera system. One for the back of the truck, one for the back of the trailer. Without drilling into the tailgate, or using magnets, the only way I see to mount the camera would be just to the right of the top of the license plate (I...

Wheelbase questions

We're looking at towing a 8500# dry weight 5th wheel. The TV we're looking at is a f250 6.7 diesel, 6 3/4 box super cab. I'm not to concerned with the weight but the shorter super cab wheelbase is 142" vs a longer 156" in the crew cab. Any issues wit...

Performance/Efficiency versions of Cummins 6.7L

It appears that Cummins is doing the same thing to their 6.7L engines that they have been doing with the larger on highway engines for the past few years by making a performance version and an efficient version of the same engine. The performance ver...

DIY - Torklift Extension Handles

TorkLift Extension HandlesI didn't have much trouble with my old 24" single extension. But now that I have a few more miles on me and this 48" double extension is a lot heavier, I figured I would add a couple of handles to make it easier to install....

BradW by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots of help in how to post

Ok my GVWR 7350,Front GWAR 3750Rear GWAR 3850,Question- I’m looking for a TT that has opposing slides.Can anyone tell me by looking at those specsIs there a manufacturer of TT out that has opposing slideswhich I could tow ?Assuming tires brakes hitc...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck questions

Hello, be patient with me I belong on the A forum. The last 4 outings with our 32' gas Jayco Precept the wind has been 24 mph or greater.I have the CDL love big vehicles and its my happy place to drive, However on the last outings my very DH uttered ...

Mommalu by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need wt distribution and/or anti-sway bars?

I just purchased a 2019 Ford Expedition (4x4 and 3.73 axle ratio, which can tow 9000lbs and also has the heavy duty tow pkg) and am towing a 25 foot Rockwood Roo, which weighs about 6500 pounds. I used weight distribution bars with my previous tow ...

debra567 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

? About a particular TT

Do they manufacture a TT with opposing slideswith a dry weight of less that 5500 lbs.Didn’t know if that’s unrealistic or not thanks

rickhise by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

1982 Coachmen 15' rebuild

Hello, everyone.I picked up a 1982 Coachmen TT , not sure of the model yet but after researching the web, ***EDITED TO ADD ***After talking to the Coachmen Factory rep via telephone, the VIN revealed it was a Model 662 and designated as just a 15' T...

66vdub by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2007 okanagan 811 step

Hoping someone can help me out with where I can find a replacement fold up step for my 2007 okanagan 811 camper. I would like to replace with the factory original style if possible.Thanks for any help!

2020 Eco Diesel

Interesting interview on power, emissions compliance and the Italian engineer dodged the big question on how long will the Eco Diesel last (Thanks to Mr. Truck).Link

FishOnOne by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

2020 GMC

Well maybe the truck builders are finally listening to the RV crowd for a change:Just got a brochure on the 2020 GMC HD trucks. 1. They have finally made the bed rails lower2. They have a bed camera to see your 5th wheel hitch.3. 10 speed Allison4. A...

Wheel diameter

I thought this would already be a topic on this forum, but my search netted “0”. Specking out a new truck to tow a fifth wheel. Standard wheels are 18 inch. Wondering about going to 20 inch, any advantage to doing that?With my current set up, raisi...