Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Wife wants to move to a Class A, or C - bigger

I have had a Bigfoot Truck Camper for several years now, in fact this is my second camper. Every two years I buy a new truck just to haul the camper around. So between the camper and truck I have a fair amount of money invested in truck camping. I ha...

How to fix split open wheel well?

Hi, I just realized my wheel well (under my sink) just split open, don’t know what would have caused it. You can see the top of outside wheel from under the sink cabinet. Kinda struggling how to tackle this, Can anyone give an idea on how to repair t...

PopupGizmos

Well I finally did it, I bought the solar cover & interior liner. This spring we have a few trips that could be potentially cold and we are to the point where we are getting older and our tolerance for the cold and noise is not what it used to be... ...

Cargo Trailer Windows Leaking

My son bought a new cargo trailer to convert to a travel trailer with storage. He has been having trouble with the windows leaking during a hard driving rain. The manufacturer sent him a new window to replace the first one, but it's no better. The wi...

K_and_I by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Another question about shocks

Hello all - I knwo there are many threads on shocks, so hopefully this will be different enough to warrant a new thread. First, my specs - - Just picked up my brand new Heartland Trail Runner trailer. Fry weight is about 4300- My tow vehicle is a 2...

Hitch jack fully extended: Should I be nervous?

The snow is almost gone, and the camper is out of storage and in our driveway, YAY!!!I always try to get it as level as possible in our driveway so we can open our slide as level as possible, but to get the level camper requires lots of wood, and a h...

Water Heater

Hi guys! First post. I recently purchased a TT for quick weekend getaways with the family. We took our first trip this past weekend and all went well. We did have one issue, and that issue was lack of hot water. I hooked up to my water supply an...

modrodr by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

New AF865 on a 2000 Dodge 2500, tie-down question

I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new 865. Weight wise I will be over GVWR but have the DANA 80, factory camper and towing package with double overloads, have installed Firestone bags, and converted to 18" wheels to get heavier tires thanks t...

water proofing the canvas

I was wondering what do I use to re-condition or water proof the canvas on my Palomino S17? That last time it rained here I noticed water coming in on my front bunk. The water was dripping off the support rod. No body was sleeping in there so it was ...

Why diesel trucks?

Judging from my other two posts a lot of folks that responded drive DRW diesel trucks to carry the heavier multi slide campers. I understand the DRW for heavier payload but why diesel? Just looking at Fords web site the gas models have a greater pay...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 168 replies
  • 0 likes

Downshift or exhaust brake?

I was just thinking after reading a post about gas vs diesel trucks where somebody mentioned they liked diesel because of the exhaust brake. I've never had a diesel, always gas. If I come up to a long downhill I have always downshifted and kept the s...

opinions on 2012 RAM 2500 5.7 gasser

It looks like I have a chance to pick up one of these trucks very cheap. I'm not going into the details but i haven't seen too much of this truck on here. Lots of info on the 6.4. So tell me your thoughts on this truck. MPG's, reliability, comfort...

anw7405 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Making my own tiedowns How to

This is the second set of tie down I made so I thought I would snap some pictures and tell how I did it. You will need some fabrication tools. Metal chop saw, grinder, and welder were the tools I used.I started with what I had laying around. Square t...

MN_Ben by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes