Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

hitch stop

Is there such a thing as a hitch lock or stop to prevent putting the truck tail light thru the front cap, like I did. Twice... I use and equalizer hitch with torsion bars.Oldcow

Oldcow by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Best way to sell my truck camper?

What is the best way to sell my truck camper? What sites to list it on and such. Unfortunately I live in the midwest and you don't see a whole lot of truck campers around here so it may be more difficult for me. Also what is the best way to determi...

Xpd77 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Anti-Sway Broken--How Serious? Need Help!

OK, I am a total newbie who did very a bad thing on the very first day using my new travel trailer. Long story short, I sheared the forward ball on the anti-sway friction arm.We were 13 miles shy of our day's destination and stopped to refuel before ...

CJ97 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking the Plunge (Gear Swap)

After owning a F250 6.2/3.73 for 5 years and now owning another (dually) 6.2/3.73 truck I have decided to take the plunge and swap gears to 4.30.With the F250 I have towed a 11750 GVWR 5th wheel, a Rockwood Mini Lite 2304S (5000lbs), and carried two ...

Grodyman by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

2017 Ram 2500 or 3500 CTD

Been thinking about that trading in my 2014 Chevy 2500 6.0l for a 2017 Ram 2500 CTD. The theoretical low payload is a concern since I will be going down from 2800 to about 2200. This truck will have no trouble towing our current trailer but a 5th whe...

Chase_WV by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Firestone Transforce tires

Anyone had any experience with these tires? Looking at the reviews it is about 50-50 excellent/worthless.It doesn't make sense.My Michelin OEM tires are cracking all over the sidewall after only 3 yrs. Still have over half of tread.

RAM 3500 DRW W/6.4 Hemi

I just found a 2016 RAM 3500 DRW w/ 6.4 HEMI gas engine 3:73 gears with 10K miles and 4wd locally by private owner for a smokin' price. I may want to put a AF 992 on it and tow my enclosed 7x14' trailer with quad. This truck is one year old and has n...

Troutguy by Explorer
  • 55 replies
  • 0 likes

New Host Mammolth

Well, I did it. Traded my 2014 Lance 1172 for a 2018 Host Mammoth with a pecan interior.Boardman RV, in Pueblo, Colorado just became a Host dealer. He made a deal with the factory to get a 2018 Mammoth shipped to him this month instead of the regul...

DSSAMP by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Minnie 2401RG 2018 window change?

We are looking at the Minnie 2401RG and love everything so far, but I've just seen some pictures of the 2018 model and it appears they've removed that great window over the dinette and replaced it with a TV and small window on each side.One of the be...

ggimlick by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

f150 and camplite 6.8 report

This will be my first camping trip with the new truck and camper. The truck is a 2016 f150 XLT standard cab 4x4. It has the 2.7 ecoboost, with the 6 speed transmission. The camper is a 2015 livinlite, camplite 6.8 truck camper. For this trip it was...

Viken by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking to upgrade to a TT after hybrid for 14 years!

Hi everyone! We bought a 2006 Jayco 23B hybrid in the summer of 2004 (yes my years are accurate) and we've taken very good care of it. We've had so much fun with her, and now that our daughters are 14 and almost 13, I'm feeling the need for some more...

Brika by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Best regarded brands - Generally speaking

Hi, great resource you all have cultivated here. A little background...I'm a 40 something outdoorsman, life long camper, etc. Spent many, many days and weekends of my youth at various lakes and campgrounds in an old Coachman TT that was previously my...

Build a truck

Greetings all, Those of you who have ordered a truck built to your specs from the factory, how did that go? And did you pay full msrp or is their a price process just like a vehicle on a dealer lot? Any input is appreciated as I have no clue how it...

What size trailer?

I've been towing fivers for 25+ years. Don't really like towing a TT. But due DWs health issues I need a handicapped unit and a TT toyhauler is the best choice. Assuming a ProPride hitch, what length and weight limit is reasonable with my tow vehic...

Dayle1 by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes