Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New truck height's

Why do manufacturers raise the dang truck bed so high on new trucks? It's not conducive to towing or loading or unloading the bed. Are looks more important then function? Is there another reason besides vanity that they do this? I could understand if...

TC Tie-downs for 2017 Toyota Tundra

Hi all. Kind of a specific question.Has anybody installed truck camper tie downs on their 2017 Tundra yet?I called torklift but they have not done fitment yet and could not confirm.I would simply order the 2016 version and hope for the best, but it w...

burpee by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Heads up for oldish TT

Our ten year old TT's fresh water tank fell from its bracket the other day. It was held in place with two channel like brackets on each side of it, and two plumbers straps. The straps gave out and snapped where it was screwed in, and the whole tank f...

Jpbeck1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Woodalls

I usually always access this site thru Woodalls but the last couple of days I've been getting a error message saying this; your connection is not private any ideas what happened?

Sometime things do work smoothly

In a previous post I had mentioned that I hit a road hazard that bent the TT tire rim, broke the rear passenger side spring and shredded the tire before I could stop.I was in Indianapolis about 125 mile from home. I called the XtraRide roadside servi...

rbpru by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading 4 wheelrs on bed of pick up

Trying to solve the age old problem of the perfect travel trailer.Have been looking at 5th wheels, bumper pull etc.For what we want to do it seems like a pumper pull with some sort of loading platform on our truck would give us the most flexibility. ...

tow limits

We recently purchased a Kia Sorrento with the trailer tow package. It is rated to tow 5,000 lbs. Original plan was to purchase a small travel trailer with a dry wt of 3500-4000 lbs. I figured that if we were careful with what we put into the traile...

rln44 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Dewinterize Chalet Arrowhead

I just bought an Chalet Arrowhead and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to dewinterize the trailer? The dealer winterized the unit quickly and showed me how to dewinterize but I did not record it and want to make sure I am doing it right. Tha...

Alexray by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Happijac replacement question

Since I can't seem to get a response from happijac via e-mail and I was sent to VM on phone II thought I would ask here.On our last trip one of our happijac jacks failed. Fortunately and almost miraculously this happened while parked in a campground ...

Best engine monitor for 2008 6.7 Cummins 2500

Well my old girl is about roll a 100G and figured I might want to start watching here vitals a bit more. What are my options for a plug-n-play dash monitor and what do I really need for towing a TT? Trany temp , boost? etc..

From 331 to 373

I bought my truck at the end of the year so selections were slim. The only one available with what I wanted had 331 gears. After the lift and 35" tires I lost a little power and a couple MPG. Just finished installing 373 gears (from my '11 gasser)...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack

With a new Trailer I have a common problem of bikes. We like to have them, but where to stow them is the question? I immediately gravitated to the rear of the trailer to install a rack off of the bumper, but I see a lot of negative posts on the ide...

Frankly by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes