Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Los Barriles and Todos Santos RV Parks - Been There?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has RECENTLY (within a year hopefully, but longer ago is ok please just tell me when) stayed at any of the following RV Parks in the Baja:Las Palmas Tropicales near Todos SantosMartin Verdugos RV Park Resort...

Hwy 31 in Michigan

We will be travelling from Mackinaw City to Traverse City and I'm wondering how going on Hwy 31 versus I-75 would be. Is 31 big rig friendly? Are there places to pull over and stop if we want to see a few things in Petoskey or Charlevoix?

East Glacier to Helena Mt via US 287 and US 89

We will be traveling from Livingston MT to Glacier National Park in a 40 ft Class A Diesel Pusher(Jake Break)(12' Vert Clearance) with a Honda Accord TOAD(with brakes). That portion of our trip will begin August 25. What are the roads like on these t...

Glacier NP to Oregon coast--best routes?

We will be traveling in 40' diesel RV with tow vehicle. What routes are best to go from Glacier National Park to Oregon coast? Narrow winding roads are not good for us. What sites should we make sure not to miss?

Bishop, Ca. to Las Vegas via Hwy 6 & 95

We have some foreign visitors staying with us who are going on a trip with a rented RV (without us).They want to get from Bishop, Ca. to Las Vegas via Highway 6 to Highway 95 in Nevada, then south to Vegas.Any concerns about the route for a 30 foot c...

Orcadrvr by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Colter Bay (Grand Tetons) to Massacre Rocks SP (Idaho)

Hi, I've searched, but I'm still confused, so please cut me some slack We're at Colter Bay RV Park after an amazing 9 days of Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. We entered via West Yellowstone, stayed and Grant Village, and then moved to Colter Bay. ...

roadnerd by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

There she Blows!!!!!

http://tucson.com/news/science/evacuated-as-colima-volcano-spews-ash-in-western-mexico/article_6e89725e-1fb5-5752-86a8-f3281e551ef4.htmlMake sure you check out the pics.rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hwy 26 between Beaverton and Seaside OR.

Howdy all. Gonna be taking a long trip that includes the stretch of 26 between Beaverton and Seaside Oregon.I'm wondering how difficult of a pass is this? Steep grades or not, that type of thing.The total trip is going to be from central Sierra Nev...

pira114 by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Highway 101 in Oregon

Hello all,We are traveling from Eureka, Ca to Florence Oregon and would like to know if anyone has advice on whether it is better to take Hwy 101 or get to Interstate 5 and take that north. If you suggest Interstate 5, which roads would you recommend...

DandM-AG by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Cross Country RV trip

We survived our trip. We added a few extra stops along the way as we had time. I added links to the camp sites we stayed at just in case anyone is interested.Pictures and videos posted here. All are from my camera, still need to upload from my wife’s...

rdrv831 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Copper Canyon

OK fellow travelers, it only took me a month to get off my butt and another full day to figure things out, but here is the link to my recent trip with a group of off-road guys from ExpeditionPortal.com through the Copper Canyon in Chihuahua, Mexico.C...

The Battle of Britain

July marks the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. After visiting one of the air squadrons, Sir Winston Churchill stated his famous "Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."As a guest in your beautiful...

Fire between Grand Prairie and the Icefields Parkway

We arrived in Grand Prairie, Alberta. This evening, after heading up the Icefields Parkway today. There is an active, and currently out of control, fire burning on HWY 40, roughly 50 kilometers(31 miles) south of town. At 7PM we were stopped by a pat...

soren by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Phoenix to Mid-Michigan

We have purchased a new to us motorhome and will be driving it from Phoenix to the mid-Michigan area. Looking for suggestions on routes and places to stay overnight. We are currently planning on driving 400 to 500 miles per day as we both can drive...

Wimsey by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes