Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

I-55 or Hwy 3(The Great River Rd) in IL

Going from NC to SD, and like to get off of interstates when possible, does anyone know what Hwy 3 is like in Illinois getting on in Cairo going North to St Louis instead of using the I-55? I have a 27'C and friend has a 34'C, no toads. Looks like a...

Pops by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Southern Colorado/Texas Panhandle Stops

We're not bringing a camper with us this time, but en route to Florida via Houston (to pick up a friend), and looking for a decent place to stop for the night (hotel I suppose) between Pueblo, CO and Amarillo. Amarillo is a bit too far for us (we don...

Another Route Planner

What a great find! After searching on several weather sites to see the projected weather along our route to pick the best time to leave, I happened across the Weather Underground Road Trip Planner. This lets you put in destinations and departure time...

2hams by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Jacksonville,Florida

Looking for info about driving to Florida. There appears to be three ways to get through Jacksonville. Should I follow I95 or I295 east or I295 west?

Canadian Black Fly Season

Considering a trip across the trans-Canadian highway, expecting to arrive in Saul St. Marie about June 1 and will be traveling west to Vancouver. Is this a good time to travel without the curse of "black flys"? Appreciate all replies!

carp65 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Sacramento over 80 to Salt Lake in winter?

What is the general consensus on driving over I80 from Sacramento to Salt Lake City Utah? We are looking to make the trip in the next couple of weeks. This year there is practically no snow. And while we know weather can change, I'm just curious i...

Highway 49 from Columbia to Placerville calif

I'm planning a trip in April. I'm going to the gold country on Hwy 49 in Calif. I was looking at the the map and was thinking about going from Columbia to Placerville. The only problem from what I see is Mokeumne Hill it looks to have a few turns. I ...

hmcfly by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Mexico winds on I-25 and I-40???

Would I have a problem with winds going from I-10 and up I-25 to Alburque and then west on I-40 to Flagstaff,AZ?Would be making this trip March/April.It seems I read somewhere that wind/sandstorms were bad in the spring? Appreciate feedback.

WA to MA

Major move coming up in June packing the family and moving to MA will be towing my 297bhs starcraft autuamridge. My question is there any particular route I should take and since my truck is a gasser my concern is where to fill up and be able to get...

Climb Mayan Pyramids On Line (Video + Stills)

My film "Mayavision” features the major Mayan Pyramid cities of Copan, Tikal, Chichen Itza, and Uxmal in both Central America and Mexico. It also includes Mexico City, with the Virgin of Guadalupe and the temples of Teotihuacán. The film begins in...

Alaska costs

Tis the season for researchin & plannin. What are you budgeted/estimated daily costs for your Alaskan trip? Fuel, campgrounds, food, tours & stuff?

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Caravan's and Tour Groups

I'm retired and as or Oct. of this year, my wife will be retiring. In the spring of 2015 we're planning an extended trip to Canada and Alaska. We're experienced rv'ers, and currently have a 30' class c and tow a Subaru.My question is to those of yo...

Florida panhandle rt 98

We are planning our trip from Ocala FL to Santa Cruz CA. We want to avoid Highways if possible. How is Florida panhandle rt 98 for a class A towing a Jeep Wrangler going to overnight at Big Lagoon State Park? Any other backroad advice would be grea...

kdrsas by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Freshwater Fishing Strategy in AK

What's a good strategy for finding good fishing spots along the roads in Alaska. This will not be a super-serious "fishing destination" trip but I would like to throw the occasional fly to non-stocked trout and grayling. We'll be on the usual highw...

EEWally by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes