Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Push to privatize National Park Service campgrounds

I don't mind having concessionaires run some of the National Parks, as it is being done now. However, I don't want to see our National Parks turned into garish Disneyland-like attractions. I realize the Park Service is drastically underfunded and in ...

Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas

Just spent a great weekend at this park with a group of families from Church. We started making this an annual event about ten years ago. We reserve a loop in the camping area and we usually fill ten or twelve sites every year. It is close enough ...

Carolina Pines RV Resort Myrtle Beach

Where to begin with the disgust I have for this park that hasn’t opened yet. Months ago we saw an ad in Trailer Life Magazine about this new park opening near Myrtle Beach. We made reservations back in February for this 4th of July, 3 campers, 12 peo...

marc71 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge?

Has anyone been to Yellowstone lately. Do you have any pics of the new bridge that replaced the old Fishing Bridge. Hoping to see some pics next year of the new and improved RV campground.

Arizona State Trust Land, Foothills, Yuma, AZ.

After an ongoing situation between a few property owners, Arizona State Trust Land, and the Yuma County Sheriffs Office, the state trust land that parallels County 15E at the east end of the foothills has been declared off limits to RV camping. Folks...

Camping at Pocono Raceway

Looking for 1st hand knowledge of Camping at Pocono Raceway...We have always made it a day trip since its only a 2 hour ride, but looking to camp there in 2020..Best spots? spots to avoid? any paved or gravel spots? Views of track from the camper? Jo...

Carlsbad Caverns NM

Thinking of stopping at Carlsbad Caverns after our usual Quartzite/Yuma AZ trip in Jan. Any suggestions on favorite Campgrounds near the entrance ? So far I'm leaning towards Carlsbad RV, reviews seem to be decent. Anyone have a personal input and/o...

Trip report: High Country of the Eastern Sierra

Here's our most recent TR -- ten days of dry camping and boondocking:Blog postAnd if you are pressed for time and just want the headlines, this is pretty much what that part of the world looks like on a cold, windy, late afternoon in autumn:Click For...

Camping around Christmas time

If anyone could give me some suggestions of places to camp around Christmas time, I would greatly appreciate it. I would prefer to go somewhere in the Southeastern region of the US but am open to other states as well. Thanks!

Pine/Spruce drip season??

Wanting to escape Texas heat next August. Made reservations in Vallecito Colorado for the month of August. It's about 8,000ft elevation and has spruce trees and I assume some pines. What part of the year do these trees drip sap? I really don't want s...

Help selecting East Coast location with lots of variables...

Hello Folks! This group has helped me select our last 3 vacations so I figured I'd come back for more BUT.. This one is a challenge for me to figure out. Here is the situation... We are looking for a location for next summer to spend a week vaca...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip to Northeast states

Husband just retired Yeah! I haven't been to 11 of the NE states. So we are planning a trip, leaving right after 4th of July week making it back to Oklahoma by Oct. for hunting season. Looking for suggestions for Pennsylvania, West side of NY, Maine,...

Debbie by Explorer
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes

Quartzsite LTVA

It's Day #6 on our desert camp this year south of Quartzsite and it's great. Only about 8 to 9 rigs out here early. They days are a mite warm but the evenings are perfect. Lightening to the south, east, and west of us but just perfect over us. We can...

Tennessee

Well once again we are tapping the group for information. We are planning a trip to Tennessee and need to know of your favorite state park, rv park or national park. Also is the best time to go in October, November or wait until the spring? Nashville...

jffnkrn by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

RGV ten year trend

Ten years ago, this park did not have enough spaces to park all those that wanted to park here. Five years ago, they said that all sites were rented for at least one day during the season. Last year they conceded that there were always spots availa...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes