Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Avoid Windy Nation for Solar Components

This is the first company I have seen where the customer is always wrong. Bad ordering system, no emails except your order has shipped. No courtesy, just attitude. No I am getting harassing emails. Avoid this company, there are so many good ones. ...

ppine by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Many NE Oklahoma CGs near lakes closed, rains, high water

Oklahoma has been having some nice moderate temps this springtime (highs in the 70s mostly) but it has come with a ton of rain. Over 8 inches in the last 30 days. Today on local news they reported that because lake levels are so high the campground...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canyon de Chelly

Does anyone have a suggestion for a campground near Canyon de Chelly? We have a 34-foot fifth wheel. Thanks for any help. Hoping to visit tomorrow.

adult only RV Parks California (not Palm Springs area)

Hi,Looking at a 4 night getaway in the Travel Trailer WITHOUT our 3 kids!! We are in our 40's.Any such thing as a campground without kids!? or minimal amount of kids!?ideally within a 4 hour drive of Santa Cruz, CA area? Probably this June...is every...

jukes by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Early check in

I've heard of places that let you stay past check out for an additional fee. Has anyone heard of campgrounds or RV parks that allow early check in for an extra fee?Yes, I understand that it's up to the campground and whether the site is available. I'...

Cammpground Rant

What is going on all of a sudden????Planned a trip to the Hill Country of Texas for about three weeks in April. We are not ones for reservations and pretty much play it by ear. Plan an itinerary of the general areas with campground options and the ap...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

? Quartzsite Auto Parking and/or RV Park Recommendations

Recommendations, opinions, comments, whatever. Anyone's 2c welcome.DW hip surgery greatly limits how far and fast she gets around ("not very" on both counts). She wants to experience Quartzsite 2020 but doesn't want to participate in any hiking treks...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Busch Gardens, Tampa

Hi:My wife and I are interested in visiting Busch Gardens at Tampa, FL. We live in St. Augustine. Are there any good nearby campgrounds? We have a Pleasure Way so we will probably not be towing but we can if suggested. We also want to see other i...

Video: 5 Favorite Campgrounds in Southern Idaho

Southern Idaho is a virtual playground in summer, with a surprisingly diverse geology and climate. It's also not as crowded for camping or as well known as it is in some other Western states. In this video we share 5 of our favorite campgrounds in So...

Camping At Savannah, GA

We plan to go to Savannah, GA for a week in October. We are looking for FHU. We have a 40' motor home. What campground should we stay at? What are the must sees?

Wompatuck State Park, Boston, MA

We are planning to go to Wompatuck SP in June. I have heard that some sites are hard to get level in but most are good. However I do not know which ones to avoid. Can someone help me out with the good one. We do want an electric site. Thanks

junmy3 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Parks near Laughlin, ca

Any recommendations for State/National parks near Laughlin, ca ? Looking for parks that aren't too expensive with fun activities for kids near Laughlin, Ca (we plan to stay for 1-2 days on the way to Grand Canyon) thanks

Boston

This summer we are headed up to the northeast from Louisville, KY. Before going to Acadia we are camping at Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA. We are planning two days in Boston. I am traveling with my wife and 2 daughters (14/11). We want to check o...

Grand Canyon Now?

Anyone at Grand Canyon SRim - how crowded is it??Tried to go on .gov site, but it shows every site R the entire time CGs are open - which I can't imagine is true. But again, some folks have stated the new rec.gov site is worthless - I tend to believ...

monkey44 by Nomad II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

San Jose, CA RV Park/Campground

Heading to the San Jose area soon. Anyone want to recommend an RV Park or Campground you enjoyed? Full or electric & water preferred. RV is in excellent shape but 10+ years old