Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New Mexico attractions ?

In a month or so we will be heading west and passing through southern New Mexico on our way... when we return to the east coast at the end of summer, we will be passing through northern New Mexico. Any particular attractions you'd recommend for ei...

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Which campground best for us

We go to Maine about every other year. This year we would like to go farther north than usual and stay a few days however make our base camp in the middle of Maine.I am looking at Seaview Campground and Sunset Point Campground. Which of these campgro...

North Dakota

Looking at visiting North Dakota. I would appreciate hearing from you on attractions, rv parks, campgrounds, roads/routes etc.Thank you for your responses.West Beachhouse

Campgrounds along Delaware River

Hi:Can anyone give me guidance on a good campground that is near to the Delaware River Trail. My wife and I will be biking. Would prefer the lower trail starting around Trenton, NJ but would be willing to go to any campground along any of the trail...

koa rewards points

hi, new to this forum, but not new to camping. i just bought a 2014 class c. we traded in our 28'tt.but i joined the koa rewards club. how do the points work, i stayed a weekend and thought i would have gotten 1300 points. but i got 250 instead. doe...

Campgrounds around Reno, NV and SLC UT?

We're in a small class C and we prefer National and State parks over KOA style campgrounds.We're heading from Denver to San Fran via I-80 and I think we'll make SLC on Day 1 and Reno on Day 2.Does anyone have some campground suggestions around those ...

Site for 37' rig in Henry Cowell State Park?

I know, the list of sites says the maximum size is 33 feet. I also know that frequently a specific spot will hold a larger rig. I'm looking for someone very familiar with Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park that can suggest a specific spot or two that ...

Post Oak Place in Denton Tx.

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about POST OAK PLACE in Denton,Tx..Their website looks like it is an ok place.

T_bone1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Anybody know a good android app to show BLM lands?

I found one that costs $12, plus some unspecified amount to add BLM capability. But I would rather see what I am getting before I buy.While looking I found US Topo Maps, which, although it does not show BLM lands like the paper topo maps do, is a ve...

Naio by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ashaway RV Resort RI

AshawayJust booked this campground for next season with the grand kids. Just opened this year and they have a nice splash pad for the kids. Close to Misquamicut State Beach.

dump stations in indiana

I am fortunate to be attending the Fleetwood 65th Anniversary Rally at the Decatur, Indiana factory where my coach was built on June 2-8. But we were just informed to come with empty black tanks and full water tanks. I already knew we would be dry ca...

Taylor Park CO

Has anyone been to Taylor Park this spring? Are the passes open yet are is there still to much snow? With all of the rain in southern Colorado this spring I wonder how the camping is? We plan to be in the Tincup area next week.Thanks for any info.

ritterjw by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Acadia NP

We're considering a trip to Acadia NP just after Labor Day and are looking for advice in choosing a campground and hopefully a site within that campground. We're hoping for a site overlooking the ocean and don't necessarily need hookups. We like to h...

kopak by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes