Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Battery questions for boondocking

Hello all,Per my other posts, we started getting heavier into boondocking this year. As such, I quickly noticed the importance of good batteries. We always bring a portable inverter set but when we are deep in the woods we really prefer to use it a...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

February trip south on the East Coast

DH and I are planning a trip this February from Virginia down to SC (Myrtle Beach), then Savannah to St Augustine. We have not planned after that. Welcoming suggestions where to go next! Thinking of Florida West Coast, maybe Atlanta. Any other su...

Pickett CCC Memorial State Park, Jamestown, TN

This spring we are thinking about camping there. We have a 36 foot fifth wheel. Looks like only one site that is listed as 30 foot, all the others are smaller.Has anyone camped there? Will we fit since many campsites are measured to the "curb stop"...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hunting Island or Huntington Beach

If you had to choose one, which park would you go to? Hunting Island SP or Huntington Beach SP? I know they are not necessarily apples to apples, but when time is limited and rather than a day or so at each spend some time at just one.We have been to...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Oregon state campgrounds

Does anyone know the minimum and maximum lead time for making reservations with Oregon state campgrounds? Is it within 30 days only or as far out as 6 months?Thanks, Larry

kopy_kat by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Canyon RV parks

Looking to make our first trip next summer to the Grand Canyon area. My 3 adult kids and their families will be going with us so we will have a total of 4 trailers and 6 grandkids ages 2 to 12. Prefer to have full hookups, but am open to ideas. Anyo...

mxdad777 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for a workspace with RV hookups

Hey, all - I need some help finding a particular kind of RV space.We live in our Class A Tiffin full-time. Within the next few months we will need some temporary space to complete a work project. Ideally we would like to rent a trailer, cabin or ev...

deprived by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Head for the boonies -- meteor shower Sunday nite . . .

Great meteor shower -- no moon -- colorful meteors.But I can't go -- there is nowhere to camp in Calif due to Covid closures.I'll have to wait for another year. Oh, well. Can't really whine about this when so many other folks have it so much roughe...

Old Greenville Recreation Area, MO

Any one have any experience with Old Greenville Recreation Area? It is a bit confusing as it is sometimes referred to as Greenville Recreation Area (dropping the Old). Google maps show Greenville Recreation Area inside of Old Greenville Recreation Ar...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

TN in early June and early Sept

Hi gang! Need your help ASAP. Just got my bid sheet for 2021 vaykay's and in talking w/ the DW, would like to know which time frame is better? What's open? Are things less expensive? Of course all this hinges on wether or not we can go to TN based on...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes