Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

For Alaskans going S... is snowbirding essential travel?

Last spring we were very concerned about being allowed to drive home from the lower 48 to our home in Alaska. Thankfully the Canadian BSO let us cross the border. We did not have an RV... just traveling in our truck. We drove straight through in 3 d...

sidney by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Nice COE campgrounds

I thought I would post some very nice COE campgrounds we have camped at in the last two weeks. First on was in Ozark, AR Aux Arc COE, off of I-40 nice people back in sights some with view of the lake, lots of trees, picnic table long sights.Second on...

Debbie by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ft Worth campground

Any decent campgrounds between Ft worth and Grapevine TX? Headed there next week, possibly Thur & Fri. Don't need anything fancy, just a place to park with electric. Headed to Watauga-maybe within say, 20 miles or so. Gary

Oregon State Parks to add surcharge

Oregon State Parks are going to add a "Virus Surcharge" to out of state folks.https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/oregon-imposes-new-fee-for-out-of-state-campers

bobsallyh by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Mead recommendations

Hi. We want to get away foe a week or so and was looking at Lake Mead. Any recommendations for a nice rv park with hook ups for a class a 40’?

Srtviper by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Apostle Island area

Plan to head to Pattison SP in Wisconsin in mid Sept and always wanted to see Apostle Island. Although we probably won't go to the island(s) them selves, still want to see the area. Buy some good smoked fish and see the sights before heading on to th...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone been to Myrtle Beach Travel Park recently?

Try to get information on how things are at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. We have reservations for September 8th. Please respond with both good or bad.PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND WITH RESPONSES OUTSIDE OF WHAT THE CAMPGROUND IS LIKE. MY LAST ATTEMPT TO GET INF...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a NW Iowa park

We live (during the summer) in SE Iowa and have some friends in NE South Dakota who we'd like to meet about halfway between. A county/city/state park would be fine. it would be just for a few days so full hookups aren't necessary, but 50 amps would ...

8ntw8tn by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Glacier national park campgrounds

Looking for Glacier campground suggestions for next year please. I know part of the park is still closed this year.We have a 35 foot travel trailer. Full hook up preferred but if it's the right place, we can get by with just electricity. We'll be com...

Trash

Does anyone know of a place in Flagstaff, Az where we can dump our trash after our boondocking vacation? We also need to dump all of the OTHER trash that others left sitting in the forest!! All of the campgrounds say NO OUTSIDE TRASH.

Back to the '70s!!!!

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.feature-article&articleId=286Let the parks wars begin!!!!!

TUCQUALA by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Free-for all Lahontan Reservoir Camping

It's not actually. free, it's $15 a night, but oh gawd, Friday evening it's free-for-all party time.I thought. the ranger was joking when I asked as a first timer, as to where can we camp.And she was serious, you can camp anywhere, and most choose th...

Yellowstone area update

We are headed to Grand Teton/Yellowstone from Spearfish, SD on Friday, 8/6. I'm aware this may be the worst time of year to visit, but that's just how it worked out. I've gotten conflicting reports about crowds and campsite availability lately. We ha...

rfloyd99 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Covid 19 warning

For what it's worth, I just received news a good friend of mine passed away this morning from Covid 19. He got while RVing and they were being careful. His wife also go it, probably from him, but just got very ill. He was on a ventilator in hospital ...

Tequila by Explorer
  • 111 replies
  • 0 likes