Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RGV

looking for info about your experience at Val's Kountry Corral in Mission, TX and Port Isabel Park Center in Port Isabel, Texas.Thinking about stay at either one or both next year, haven't found any reviews that are up to date, if you have stayed or ...

gafidler by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Jackson RV park, Tennessee

Just passing through Jackson, Tennessee. Stopped at the Jackson RV park on junction I-40 and 412.....Just want to express my feelings...This is not a good place to stay...It is right by a mobile home park and you have to circle through the mobile hom...

Budsmith by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mount Rushmore in April

We are planning to be at Mount Rushmore around April 12 for a few days. Have been told weather could be an issue. What is there to see at that time. It appears a lot of places don't open until the middle of May. We have a class c and will be to...

Bluegrass on the Plains, Auburn AL (Memorial Day weekend)

If you are interested in Bluegrass; University Station RV Resort in Auburn AL is hosting a huge Bluegrass Festival over Memorial Day weekend. We attend all of the Auburn home games there and it is really a nice place. It is located about 40 miles eas...

Beach camping in (probably) North Carolina

I'm looking for a beach campground probably in North Carolina (or maybe the Virginia Beach area). We went to Hunting Island a few years ago and loved it, but there were more people with us. This time it looks like it will just be me, the 17 year ol...

Veronica by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Juke Joints: MS and Louisiana

Juke Joints have blues music, food and beer. Found this site listing a number of them in case you're in the area. Junior's Juke JointNote: these places aren't fancy, just interesting music and eats.

Frontiertown oc

Can you tell me if I have water and electric only, do they have a truck that will empty tanks or a dump station

RGV 2015

Looking for some places in RGV to spend jan- mar 2015. We have a Class A 39 ft. Winnebago my wife is 69 and I'm 65, we are not real active, like quiet and lots of space between rigs. Understand some of the places in the valley are not as nice any mor...

gafidler by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

So what would you do?

Sitting here in Sherwood Forest RV park in Kissimmee.Heading home on April Fools day to several feet of snow..Ya I am a fool.So Sherwood Forest has lots of trees.. :SGuy just across the road parked under one of the biggest clumps of trees in here and...

International Bridge Parking at Weslaco, Texas

I had posted this in another section and it was suggested that I might try here:The first of April I'll be headed to Weslaco and am planning to stay at the 1015 RV Park. I'm told the park is an easy 6 mile drive to the bridge. I'll walk over the brid...

Myrtle Beach????

We will be in Myrtle Beach in July the week after the 4th. we are staying at PirateLand. we will be there for 4 1/2 days. Other than all the obvious touristy things, what other things are there to see and do? I don`t mind driving a bit to see somethi...

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

About specifying campsite length?

I have a question about using reserveamerica.com or recreation.gov. When they ask for equipment length do they mean trailer length, or trailer length plus TV length?

Nc ashville area

we camp once a year with friends this year the talk is NC last year we did yellowstone and tetons. Anyone got any suggestions on where to camp. We don't mind boondocking but friends look for more amenities.

lucy6194 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes