cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping in the Cincinnati, Dayton area

Bill_and_Kathi
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip in October to visit elderly family members. Are there any campgrounds that our 38’ motorhome (full body slide and 2nd slide out) will fit in in either area or somewhere in between? Don’t mind rustic but want clean and hopefully level sites. (It could even be in the surrounding areas,) Any help would be appreciated.
Bill & Kathi
Bill, Kathi and Toby (the doxie) - for the "pitter patter" of little feet.

Love the "Sound of the South" at Troy University
10 REPLIES 10

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend Buck Creek State Park campground. It's beautiful with electric hookups. Nice lake,paved roads,well stocked camp store.https://ohiostateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/buck-creek-state-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contr...

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hueston woods state park is were we stay. Just north of Cinci.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/huestonwoods#activities

Kentucky__Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Ceaser Creek State Park is another option depending on what location you want.

Bill_and_Kathi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all responses. We use rvparkreviews.net, the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and the search on this site. I had not found two of the campgrounds mentioned. Either might work. Thanks for your time in helping. Safe and happy travels to all.
Bill, Kathi and Toby (the doxie) - for the "pitter patter" of little feet.

Love the "Sound of the South" at Troy University

el_jefe1
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at a place this summer just north of Dayton called Poor Farmer's. Water/Electric sites only. They don't take reservations but I can't imagine that's problem in October, it certainly wasn't an issue this summer. You just check in and find a site you like. Most sites were level, large and clean. And it's super cheap, I think we paid $28 a night for a summer weekend. Plenty of room for big rigs.
2018 Keystone Passport 3290bh
2007 Chevy Express 3500
Me, the Wife, and a whole bunch of kids

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a member of FMCA you can stay at their facility on the east side of Cincinnati off I275. Full hookups are available.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Winton Woods is a locality-owned park in Hamilton County, which is north of Cincy on I-275. It has full hookups, right on a lake and has both back-in and pull-thru sites. I guess a lot depends on where they live in the area.

Winton Woods
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
At the top of this page tap the Campgrounds button. On the next page tap Plan a Trip then tap Find a Campground.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay at the Dayton KOA.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with camping in that area. Check out rvparkreviews.com.
If you're a FMCA member, you can camp at their headquarters near Cincy for free.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl