DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Upgrade queen bed in slide?

Hi! This is my first post here. My wife and I have been planning to buy a fifth wheel rv to take the kids (ages 4&6 and home-schooled) full timing for a while. We are very close to making the dream come true but we are having trouble deciding on an ...

kitchen countertop removal

Time for a new top and sink. Any thoughts on removal of the existing countertop? Will it come out with damage to the drawer fronts and cabinet walls? Is it simply screwed in from below?

etrippe by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

fence post sewer holder

a few more questions please. I bought a fence post at Home Depot yesterday and a few hinges and locking mechanism, but I noticed that most of the pictures on the internet, the posts are not painted. I was thinking I would like to paint mine black if...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Entry door glass sealant/adhesive

I am looking to change my entry door window from frosted to Lexan or tempered glass. When I removed the inner frame, I could see that they used some white caulk for both glass to the frame and frame to the door. Do you think it's Dicor? Some say t...

Eternabond vs MFM Peel&Seal

The front roof seam on my Toyota RV where the fiberglass and aluminum meet needs attention. I poked around the net and Eternabond is talked about often. Nobody in the area seems to carry Eternabond, Camping World has some different choices, but ...

jjrbus by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Diesel engine upgrade

I see the ads for diesel engine upgrades, especially the Banks systems, but I'm not sure whether these systems would contribute enough to be worth the cost. (We have a 39' Class A 2008 Damon Astoria with a 340 HP Cummins Diesel engine and Allison tra...

Adding washer/dryer prep to a 5er

This may likely have been asked before but I've just got a minute before bed here and was hoping someone might be able to share thoughts on the idea of adding washer/dryer prep. We are moving into a 5th wheel with our four young kids within the next ...

Pfeifer6 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wildlife privacy curtain for my small class C

Got a Realtree wildlife printed panel and attached a piece of fleece fabric to the back for better darkening and heat retention. Looks a bit better than the small throw I had ben using. Realtree makes some nice panels.

Removable Solar battery maintainer for chassis battery

I'm currently working at an RV park and the parasitic draw in my E450 has already drained the chassis battery once. I put a battery charger on the chassis battery, charged it up and it came back to life. So I bought a 5W solar charger for the purpose...

gotsmart by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

12 volt outlet

I want to put a 12 volt outlet in my wet bay in order to hookup my winguard sat tv antennae. I have an Itasca that has 2 black tanks there is a pump switch in the wet bay that stays 12 volt hot. Question is can I tap into this line to power the anten...

blknomad by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Jayco Greyhawk 31FS

We bought our Greyhawk 31 FS who we call Serenity new in 2010. At that time we had two and sometimes 3 boys that came with us. A short 5 yrs later it is just the two of us. We didn't need bunks and the dinette really wasn't be used as it was so unco...

Furrion 30Amp plug kit

I did a plug conversion on my TT and wanted to share the video to maybe help others.I ordered it from Furrion direct and it was $80 shipped.If you are doing this and have any questions I would be happy to help.It was windy, so may have bad audio.Furr...

mikebte by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water and hydronic heating

The water treatment/circulation for the fresh water tank from another thread got me thinking.....:RHow would using the fresh water supply work if a guy also used that water for hydronic heating? My initial thought was to plumb the hot water tank outl...

westend by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Stair Shoe Storage

We needed a better place for shoes when entering the 5er. This is the solution we came up with. We added one step, and put down a vinyl entry.

rhagfo by Explorer III
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes