DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

side marker LED bulbs

I think I want to swap out the side marker bulbs with LED's but do not want to have to replace the lenses to get them to fit. Any suggestions as to which bulbs would work?

Can Crusher

My wife is a devout recycler. I am thinking of mounting a can crusher some where outside my 5th wheel to reduce the cans. I am thinking about making a removal mounting plate to hang on my ladder when it is can crushing time. Any viable ideas on ho...

stronger rear end

if i was to beef up my leafs (possibly 2500) and replace my shocks with towing shocks, will this increase the lbs i can tow?

My Solar Install

Summary of parts/pieces.Tristar mppt-45 controller250w Conergy 250p 24v panel10awg mc4 connector wire from roof to controller, wanted 8awg, but couldn't get them locally and shipping was ludicrous from other suppliers6awg from cc to 2 group 27 batts....

Sealant for hole

I drilled a hole in the pass-through storage floor to run a wire to the outside of my trailer. In other places on the trailer where wiring or plumbing runs from the interior to the exterior, there is a clear sealant to seal the hole. What is the clea...

Above mirror light

Wife says she needs a light above the mirror on the medicine cabinet in the trailer, there is plenty of room to mount one there, trouble is,, no way to run trailer power to it, also, she is short so would have to have some kind of switch down lower t...

daveor by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing PullRite SuperRails in F350 -- anyone done it?

Hey folks, getting ready to purchase a 20k PullRite SuperGlide hitch with the SuperRail mounting system for my 2010 F350. I'm looking to install it myself as I'm fairly handy, but I've never done a hitch before so I'm looking for any tips / gotchas /...

pg_rider by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panel install advice needed

I purchased a 135 watt semi flexible solar panel that I planned to mount on the curved roof of my TT. The panel is roughly 2' by 5'.I was originally planning to mount it dead center from front to back but am now wondering if I should mount it side t...

skripo by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge replacement

Finally got rid of that useless residential fridge and got it replaced with an RV fridge that runs on propane, 120 volt and 12 volt. Now we can get back to dry camping and going down the highway without having to listen to the generator.

Added Third Brake Light and Side Blinkahs to HTT

In anticipation of 2 trips totally just around 3500 miles and a lot of night driving, I completed my LED upgrade on my 2015 Roo 183. I also added a third brake light and additional side markers with side blinkahs. Here is a YouTube video of the final...

Can Foam Cushions be Glued Together?

I have a dinette which I stack pillows against the wall to form a triangle to lay against when watching tv. The pillows constantly slide out and I was thinking about making a triangle wedge to place in the dinette to create a lounger, wanted to know...