DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Painting TT

I bought a used TT and took off decals and have prepared sides for painting with a spray gun after love bugs leave. Has anyone painted their TT and if so how did it turn out?

I love my Weber Q...

But I hate the friggin stand they sell for it..You have to know origami to fold it....if you succeed at getting it folded, it doesn't store flat bc of the wheels....blah blah blah....so today I dove into a simple Sunday build. Had a good bit of selec...

Quad step upgrade

My wife has bad knees and it is becoming difficult for her to navigate the 9" rise triple steps. It looks like there are several quad steps available that would bolt into the current outriggers on my Wildwood.Can anyone recommend a good brand that i...

Anyone replaced the vinyl flooring?

I have a question regarding the replacement of vinyl flooring. Do you glue it down or just staple the edges?I ask because most RV's have their vinyl flooring placed on the subfloor before the walls are installed. This locks the vinyl flooring in plac...

Got tired of that ho-hum winnebago sightseer logo

Hello folks.This is Bill Aggie. I own a 2002 Winnebago Sightseer class A motorhome. For any of you that know this coach, you also know the sightseer logo is somewhat lame and on an older motorhome, it's especially lame when the decal starts curlin...

Replacing Stove & Microwave

We want to ... OK ... I want to replace our existing stove/oven and microwave. What I'd like in their place is:Cooktop with a large drawer beneath and NO oven. I have a Nuwave oven and a large convection/toaster oven.Also, I'd like a convection/mic...

An LP Level Indicator that Doesn't Suck

Many of us have propane level indicators inside the RV that are pretty crappy. Looking at the gauge on the tank (for a fixed tank) is often the only way to get a good read on how much you have left. On my RV that tank is inboard of the chassis rail...

Dakzuki by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Towel holder (bathroom)

2013 36CKTS came with a towel ring for the bathroom hand towel.the towel would hang over the switches and outlet.Replaced it with a small shelf (12"X 4") & towel holder.C.B.

C_B_ by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing cam locks on storage doors

Hi, Has anyone replaced the storage door cam locks with the new (slam door handles? I've searched and not found any posts on the topic. Is it possible or is the door made different now for this to happen reasonably? A little more security would be n...

Grizzy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

more and bigger

redid some drawers, moved some and made 2 of them deeper. I took the short one that was on the top and moved it down to the next opening down, doubled up there. then made the bottom drawer 11 inches deep and the second from the bottom 10 inches, (it ...

daveor by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

What replacement bulbs am I looking for?

Hey forum,My girlfriend and I have are living in a 33ft Nomad Travel Trailer. I believe the year is 1988. I have attached a photo for reference. We bought the trailer a few months ago and renovated the inside and all is pretty good so far, however we...

wh33t by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes