DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

I would like to increase my water pressure.

We boondock often so we count on our water pump not city water hookup.In our 316RL the pump is close to the shower and we have an Oxy shower head so no real problem there. The kitchen is a bit of distance though. I will be installing a accumulator so...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade to LED bulbs

Planning on replacing the 1141 incandescent bulbs in our RV to warm white LED's. Looking at a source for reasonable price and quality. Don't know if purchasing them from E-bay is a good idea as almost all the LED bulbs listed are from China and quali...

4aSong by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing roof molding with Rain Gutter.

I have a 2002 GulfStream Seahawk 5th wheel that I want to replace the roof molding on the drivers side to put on a rain gutter. Is is as easy as just unscrewing the old molding and putting up the new molding and then caulking it? Do you need to caulk...

Fire19 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Paneling replacement.

We had water damage to our TT, leaking window, and now need to replace the interior paneling. What is the best paneling to use. We tried a Plas-Tex adhering it with liquid nails and it would not hold. So new paneling is in order. Will only take 2...

munismom by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where not to mount your sewer hose holder

I have the rig in sig and mounted two of the 5"or 5.25" fence posts to the level up piston mounting holes on the bottom with a piece of aluminum angle. Problem The heat from the generator will melt it. I wrapped the exhaust pipe with wrap but the hea...

Replacing Dometic Comfort Control w/Simple Thermostats

I have a 1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial with a heat pump in front and a regular AC/heat unit in back, both ducted. They are connected to a thermostat by a phone wire. I would like to remove the Comfort Control (which does not really work) and install ...

Disc brakes

I'm narrowing it down to the Kodiak 7k/13" disc brake kit. I don't see Titan 13" kits and Dexter is way high priced. What actuator are you guys using. The Titan EHB is the cheapest. Is there any reason to spend more on the actuator? TIA! Craig

How would you use this in your RV?

Just ran across this project on Kickstarter. Combination fuse block and controller, eight 15amp circuits with a total of 100 amps per unit. On/Off or PWM dimming for LED's. Controllable and programmable over Bluetooth. 8 sensor inputs so that you can...

MikeIa by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Enlarged shelf by bed

Original “too small to hold a book and glasses shelf is 5.5” by 6.5” I made a slip-over shelves from scrap luan plywood, 1” stock and plastic separator tabs from a small storage container. They are 8” X 10”, flush with the bed-side and must come of...

garlic by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

LED strip on awning roller didn't last 4 months

How well have your LED awning lights held up? For those that have them installed on the awning roller tube. I installed some in April, stuck them to the tube so they were under the flap that hangs off the front. Worked great that trip. Next trip I sa...

adding a thermostat

I have seen the post on here before but cannot find it so please go easy on me and help me find it. lolI have a 2007 jayco octane and my ac unit is not ducted nor does it have a thermostat. the fan runs all the time and the compressor turns on and of...

boatms03 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Patio light hangers for electric awnings

I have a dometic electric awning on my rv. I have been toying with the idea of making a rod of some type to hang our patio lights from rather than hooking them to the valance of the awning. Occasionally I have had to quickly remove them when a stor...