Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fifth Wheel Hitch Heigth

New to Fifth Wheels.What should be the approximate distance between the top of the truck bed and the top of the fifth wheel hitch.I have 4". Will this be enough?Thanks in advance.

skinnyme by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter Cover

We now are proud owners of a fiver and would like to know what covers folks are using. Prior we owned a 30 ft Sunnybrook and the ADCO cover only seems get 3 years out of it before it tears.AMCO Pro Shield or Or Ultra Shield. Any Other suggestions? I ...

Does an absorption refrigerator need winterizing

Since an ammonia based fridge has water in the system, does it need some form of winterization? Our camper will spend its first winter in really cold temps. Northern Idaho can get down to minus 35. It’s always wintered in Texas before, so the questio...

Charging Problem?

I thought about titling this “what now” but decided that my first reaction wasn’t descriptive enough. Can anyone tell me what is going on before I get a new power converter and/or transfer switch? When I returned to my 2004 Sunnybrook 5th wheel aft...

JRMunn by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

front passenger side sagging when connected to truck

I have a Fuzion 302 5th Wheel toyhauler. I recently built a shop so I can keep it under cover and now that the shop is complete I am going through everything on the trailer. The shop floor is completely level (not sloped). I noticed when a disconnect...

Hitch sliding while unloaded

Does anyone know of a lock or other solution to prevent my hitch from sliding forward and banging when I hit the brakes unloaded? When I hit my brakes slightly harder than normal my hitch slides forward and makes a loud thump, which I'm sure isn't go...

Fnp5150 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Disc brake pads

Looking to change the pads on my discs, been using Kodiak pads and want to change to semi metallic after much reading...Saw some using the NAPA brand- " Made in Mexico ".. has anyone had issues with that particular pad ( UP7136M ) ?? or has anyone fo...

Inside Tire Wear?

Need thoughts. Have owned a lightly used 2005 DRV Mobile Suites 5th wheel since 2012. Fabulous rig. Replaced original 7 yr old Goodyear GST's when purchased in 2012 with the same tires, that looked great by the way, and no problems with our new one...

Loose roof rack standoffs

My 07 HR next level has some loose standoffs where it attaches to the roof. After removing the sealant it appears that the factory doesn’t anchor these to the substructure , only through the rubber roof and thin plywood for the most part with the ex...

mdryden by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide Out Making Banging Sound

When I extend or retract one of my slide outs, it makes several banging noises that are coming from the underside of the RV. This happens every couple of seconds. I opened up the coroplast and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I also lubed the rails r...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes