Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Inverter Trouble

I am having the following problems with my inverter for the fridge. When I am hooked up to my truck ready to leave I turn the inverter on. When I stop in a rest area I check it and it is not working. I have tried to turn it off then on again and it w...

bad99ram by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Ready to purchase

I'm in the final stage of decision making, whittled things down to two maybe three based on what I hear. My choices are Arctic Fox, 29.5T, Reflection 303RLS, and Laredo 325RL. Not concidering price and this point. Reliability, safety and functiona...

P3driver by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you have liability ins on your trailer ???

My 5er ins is due, of course it went up which included comp, coll, and liability. So I thought I'd get a couple of estimates. The first company I called (all major co's) asked why I had liability on a pull trailer? I answered that what I was told ...

Rich_Mar by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Finding a slide motor for 2001 Coachmen Deluxe RK28

Our 5th is no longer hauled, planted on a lot up north. The motor for the one big 16 foot slideout burned out last fall and the slide with muscles pushed in for the winter. The manual crank no longer usable due to gears failure. Finding a salveged un...

Francis by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber Roof

Purchased a 31 ft. Fleetwood Wilderness to live in. I also bought a RV slot with a Canopy. I have been doing preventive maintenance on my rig so I scrubbed the roof. It cleaned up good. I presume it is a original rubber roof. Seems to be in good shap...

FINALLY got our new rig

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted. But we finally bit the bullet and traded in our Raptor bumper pull for a brand new Impact 351. Can't wait to use it... still working on getting it packed up.

JAC1982 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

converter noise

Hello,Full timers we are new to the full time life and still learning. My converter is a little loud some times and the lights flicker the converter makes a hum and sometimes loud pitch noise. I checked the batteries all good. Is this normal or is my...

drae0814 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Slideouts awning

Im adding slideout toppers or awnings to our 5th wheel and was wondering of solera from lippert which is what the trailer came with, is it a good brand?If not, what's a good brand out there?I believe dometic is a great brand, but is more money, btw, ...

Test for Class A non cdl license in Pa

My truck f-350 and 5th wheel over has combined weight over 26001 and according to the dmv I need a Class A non cdl.I can't find any info on what the test will consist of so I can study,local center doesn't know, I called Harrisburg and they didn't kn...

Gary_O by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter / Inverter relationship

Came home from Texas and parked by the house, Went to check on things a week later and found the inverter had tripped the fuse between the inverter and Positive on battery and the control panel display should battery down to 1/3. Freezer temp had ris...

Honda generator noise mitigation

I have a Honda 2000 generator that I am experimenting with while operating it in the front compartment of the FW (adjacent to battery box). Looking for ideas how to keep it from transferring vibration to the thin sheet metal compartment bottom. Mayb...

Espee by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

DYI bedliner for ramp and interior floor

I want to make my ramp more water resistant (water proof would be nice) and less slippery when wet. The current ramp has a sandpaper type surface but it's not "enough" and it's slippery when wet.Has anyone done this? Any real world experience that ...

johnm1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Extended warranty

I was wondering if any of you folks have had good luck with extended warranties? I bought a 2016 Jayco that has a two year and it has been in the shop for a multitude of things. "The best built RV on the road" has been a headache so far. I have 8 mon...

levosky by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes