Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

best method of washing rubber roof?

I know this has been covered many times in the past but I've been away for awhile. Seems I recall scrubbing with a large brush & some soapy stuff & then spraying a protectant on. This roof is only two years old so I want to get it done correctly. (no...

nofish by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese Revolution Hitch

Looking at some fifth wheel trailers(again) and found one that had a Reese Revolution Hitch on the pin. According to the salesman that hitch will allow you to make a 90 degree turn in a short bed truck with hitting the cab and no slider hitch is requ...

Mattress upgrade

We are not happy with the mattress. Looking at options to upgrade an d find it would have to be a custom build. Who has had this problem and solved it. Is the answer a Memory foam pad, a mattress topper, a bag full of feathers. Let me know what you f...

jwakeman by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Anti Freeze getting into hot water heater

I have a Surburban Model SW12DE hot water heater. It's time to winterize and for the second year in a row antifreeze is getting into the hot water heater. From what I can tell I have a single by pass shut off value and that is turned and anti freeze...

Jim4929 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie 5th Wheeler

Purchased a new 5th wheel and haven't even picked it up yet. Will be going from Maryland to Florida in early January and have rented a spot in an RV park. Hopefully you all will not think this too dumb but the place has sewer hookups and hard wired...

2nd a/c

Needing to get second ac. It is wired for it. Need advice on brand!!!!

Glamis between Christmas and New Years

We just decided to go to Glamis for several days,the last week of the year.Dec 26th, to 29th. Never been there at that time of year. Only go every couple three years.Has anyone here been to Glamis that time of year? Just wondering if it wild /Crazy? ...

Had the RV Armor roof installed--Happy

Thought I'd let everyone know that I decided to put the RV Armor roof on my 13 year old Fifth Wheel. They are the people who come to you rather than you go to their facility. The RV Flex Armor probably is a better coating but the RV Armor (confusing ...

weird noise on Seismic 4212

Yesterday and today, after unhooking for the night, we have been hearing a noise like there is a pump running. We have checked all three switches for pumps, the one on the utility panel outside, the water pump and heat (gas/ electric) switch on the m...

Newbie 5th Wheeler

Purchased a new 5th wheel and haven't even picked it up yet. Will be going from Maryland to Florida in early January and have rented a spot in an RV park. Hopefully you all will not think this too dumb but the place has sewer hookups and hard wired...

jayco qwest m-237a Pin Weight

Hello out there! I'm looking at purchasing a 2002 jayco qwest m-237a 5er but I've searched and searched and can't find the pin weight anywhere on the web. Does anyone else out there own this trailer that can help me out?Thanks!

ttbnkar by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Heavy Black Tank Smell

I have my fifth wheel setup at my cottage and guests sleep in it when they visit and I sleep in it on the weekends. The bathroom sees little use and once I empty the black tank I put about a gallon or two of water back in it with a couple of the tre...

Bigmoss by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Landmark vs Redwood

We have a 2004 Carriage Carrilite and are looking at trading up to a 2013 - 2013 model year. My wife and I have found 2 Landmark floor plans as well as 2 Redwood floor plans that we like. Any feedback from owners of either would be appreciated. Thank...

Crapper tips

I've found if I just leave my rig tilted a little high in the front the toilet paper and stuff just don't set there. Also on my rig there a bit of a void area from the toilet bowl to the tank. So I tell my guest if there using Cottonelle whips and to...