Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Toilet Repair - Crappy Job Made Easier by Thetford

I was dreading this job - REALLY dreading this job. But there may be others out there that have a Style II and are hesitant to start. It isn't hard at all and, truth be told, should have been done a while back. The Style II is made to be easily rem...

Justaguy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

powermax upgrade

I am wondering if any real difference between the Inteli-Power 4600 upgrade and the PowerMax PM4B-45 (45 Amp 4-Stage Converter/Charger)1 is upgrade. and 1 is deck mount

Classic accessories PermaPro RV covers

Found these covers at amazon and they seem to have overall better reviews than ADCO. With the incredible snows of last winter, it's time to cover the 5er. Anyone have any experience with this brand?Classic cover

Satellite TV

my name is rich, and my wife's name is brenda. we just retired, bought a new 2015, excel, winslow, to go south and be snow birds. i am getting ready to instill a satellite dish. i have identified all the coax going to the entertainment center area e...

rich1955 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

f250 or f350?

After for lurking around for a while, I may have decided to pull the trigger. I am looking to buy a 2016 Dutchmen Denali 307RLS. I can tow with the F250 without being over weight (on the higher side, but not over). I am just trying to get some person...

Daniel97 by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding 3rd axle

Probably a dumb idea but its wintertime and I am bored.I have a 2006 Victory Lane 32 ft 5th wheel Toy Hauler. Its listed a little under 8k dry and 12 GVW (CCC of 4420lbs). We just bought a Jeep Wrangler (TJ) and the thought of being able to haul it i...

problems with dump tank handles

Our 2012 crossroads cruiser 5th wheel has dump valve handles in the storage area. They are very hard to pull open. I don't know if the problem is in the valve itself or possibly in the remote cable between the valve and the pull handle. I've tried sp...

vickark by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

hydraulic slide

my slide seems very sluggish when it is cold outside. is this normal.I mean cold in CA. it got to 21 last night then 45 day

Roadside Slide Failed

We bought a new 2015 fiver in February and love everything about it except the apparent negligence that went into building it. Its almost as if the factory told the engineers and craftsmen that after they built my unit they were going to be fired and...

dual pane windows

If you have dual pane windows have you had issues with moisture getting between them?If you had single pane in your previous RV and dual pane now are they worth it?Thanks

theft deterrent

Just a question on theft deterrent. Is there some type of lock that can go on the pin to keep someone from hooking up and going off with it? I know , a dumb question, but we are putting our baby away for winter storage and won`t be able to watch it a...

dennyida by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Failure of slideout

We have a 1997 Skyline Nomad. We are English and this is our first RV, we were used to tent camping in UK. We have had the Nomad since about 2004. While returning from Texas last month the slide out stopped working on the electric/hydraulic control...

Clunking noise

I'm new to the fifth wheel thing.What is the fifth wheel hitch clunking noise? I here it when braking and starting from a slow-down or stop.

ORbiker by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

davis air dryer 1000

has anyone ever used one. it is not a de-humidifier but it is as good.seems it would be good to run this when stored,also for a 30 ft 5er, would the 1000 be enough

Need help choosing a pure sine wave inverter

I am planning to replace my current modified sine wave inverter (Xantrex PRO XM1000 MSW). Xantrex has quit making the PROsine 1000 that I was considering. I am now looking at a COTEK ST1000-112 or a WFCO WF-5110H. Do you have any experience with the...