Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Full remodel interior

Have any of you ever had the interior re-done? Talking about cabinets, appliances (including residential reefer), floors, full monty refresh. We like our '03 Jayco, weighing cost of update vs a new unit. As a contributing factor, I have already added...

fresh water sensor

our TH is not even 2 years old yet, it sat for about 6 months, we had too much going on to go out. now my fresh water sensor will only read empty. my black does the same too, after a weekend trip with 4 people i thought it was at least go up to 1/3. ...

Lifestyle 5th wheel question

I was looking at this model and the specs. With the dry weight of the rig being over 14,000lb. are the two 7000lb axles enough???Also those hugh slides scare me..

Time for a new awning.......

So sadly on our trip last week our awning got completely damaged from a gust of wind out of no where. So now I am shopping around for the replacement hardware and fabric. Wondering what brands I should be looking at and if I should turn it into my ...

Installing bed in garage

Looking for ideas on installing queen size bed across the width of the garage. I will need to be able to raise it to get the Harley in.

dkoley by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Montana 3611RL

Looking for feedback, likes and dislikes for the Montana 3611RL What's your tow vehicle? Thank you so much!!

Andersen Fifth Wheel Hitch Conversion

After reading the 12 page discussion, "So light a child can remove it from the truck," I decided "that's for me." The problem is I have a standard hitch that uses rails, not the goose neck hitch being discussed in the thread. But it turns out that A...

Looking for options on new Toy Hauler

The wife and I were planing on purchasing a used 2008 or newer American Eagle or higher line diesel pusher. Due to high dollar value of the used coaches we have made the decision to replace our WW with a new toy hauler instead. We are looking at mod...

Clearance for kayaks on my tow vehicle

I have a ford f 350 crew cab 8 foot bed I am putting kayaks on my tow vehicle. I am towing a 35 foot loredo fifth wheel not using a slide hitch I'm not sure how much room I need to leave between the end of t e kayaks and the hitch. If anyone could gi...

Sammieb by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Most reliable 5th wheels

I recently asked about top 5th wheels and got helpful responses. Many thanks. But I realize now it was not quite the right question. My girl friend and I don't care much about luxiorious appointments, once our chemical sensitivities are addressed....

diver110 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

mounting solar panel

I am planning out my solar system for my new Heartland Sundance XLT. I am leaning towards a kit from AM Solar or Northern Arizona Wind and Sun with approximately 300-400 Watts to recharge to trojan T-105 6v's. I think I have wrapped my head around ...

clotus by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New to 5th wheels!

I just upgraded to a 5th wheel this weekend. Traded our TT we've had for 9 years for a 2014 Springdale 320FWFBGL, not this one but same. I was told to get a plastic disk to put around the pin to avoid having to grease the hitch plate. Do I need to ke...

jamnw by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

reliable components

wife and I are looking at being full-timers and we could use help in determining what components have given you long term full-timers least amount of problems and best service. Using your least we will make an effort to obtain a RV that has those ite...

Healthiest 5th Wheel?

My girl friend and I are in the market for a 5th wheel. She is very sensitive to enviromental toxins. Are there brands with reduced omissions? So far we found the Evergreen brand, though it is not clear if it emits less.

diver110 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes