Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Patching fibreglass siding?

I'm sure I'm not the first and probably not the last but today I backed into a mailbox. Didn't hurt the mailbox much but I did some damage to the back of my older fibreglass RV. Now I have about a 4"x6" section to repair. Any suggestions on how to g...

Wijames by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber Roofs

I hear folks badmouthing rubber roofs for MH on this forum. Why what do they do bad. What should I look for? Had a MH years ago and I think the roof was made out of sheets of aluminum with rivets as I remember. Leaked like crazy. Always putting goop ...

how cold

how low past 32 can it get before the water lines under the van go before they would freeze. would like 27 at night and back up two 45 in the day be ok. have a 2000 lesure travel

Air conditioner question?

My RV has two air units on the roof. One is a standard RV unit with the controls and vents on the inside at the air conditioner. The other has the controls on the wall like my home unit with ceiling vents in various places. Are the two units basicall...

Wijames by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Selling RV @ PPL (consignment)

We are seriously thinking of taking our '07 Phaeton to PPL to see what they can get for it. My health outlook is not very good at this juncture which mandates that we sell the coach as soon as possible. I hate the drive (901 miles) down there because...

Remote control 12V switch

I posted something similar a while back looking for a solution to remotely control my macerator. My 29.2 has a macerator and as we all know the gray fills quicker which means every other day I have to run outside and run the macerator to drain it. On...

Effy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Pantry

Let's see if I can link photos correctly from Google Plus...Our 21' Class C immediately came under criticism from DW for a lack of a pantry. We don't have any plans to use the wardrobe, so one side was converted into a pantry:Measured and built a fr...

30 amp to 50amp Adapter

Can a camper with 30amp plug in to 50amp service with a adapter? what would happen? Its still only receiving 120volt right? or No.

David0725 by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP

I have a 2003 Tradewinds. All at once the overhead fans and stereo (radio) quit working. Can't find where the fuse is located. Its not in the compartment with the rest of the fuses in the compartment over the left front wheel.and why would both of t...

burnt spark plug wires

Both of my trips into the Rockys I burnt spark plug wires. On the near flat here the Ozarks and to the southeast US, doesn't present any problems. I am having new plug wires installed later week for a trip to New Mexico. I have ask the shop to loo...

tires finally did it

finally changed my michlin 235 80 22.5 tires to toyo 245 75 22.5 did it all my self a little heavy but doable tires were 8 years old showed a little signs of cracking but when I stretched the bead of the tires over the rim you could see how bad the c...

Towing Question for a new 2015HD GMC Denali PU

I currently tow a Saturn behind a 40' Country Coach and recently purchased a new pickup that I would like to be able to tow. Unlike the 2014, GMC states that the batteries need to be disconnected in order to flat tow once the transfer case is in neu...