Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

K.I.S.S.

This could apply to anything, hence posting in "General"I was reminded, today, of the old adage, "Keep it simple stupid".I ran out of propane Friday night/Saturday morning. The day before I had no hot water. Knowing I was low on propane, I assumed,...

cabover water damage

We were just out in the MH (1997 Damon Hornet) prepping to do some painting, when my wife decided to pull the sheets off in the cabover. That's when she noticed moisture. It had previously been bone dry. We had some heavy rains a few days ago, so som...

chefdc1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Will pipes freeze camping in 26 deg.weather

We have had our class A 2004 Newmar Kountry Star 33' for a little over a year but have never camped in cold weather. We plan to start heading south very soon and the weather forecast for the first night is a low of 26 deg. We will be using the furnac...

keyman44 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Rude Campers

We stayed at rainbow Springs State Park in Florida for a week from December 20th to 27th.On the 27th Saturday we began to disconnect and put away some things prior to leaving before the 1 pm checkout time. A man from 3 sites down came by our site and...

lj2654 by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Proper lube level for a Mag-Hytec cover

I have recently installed a Mag-Hytec differential cover on my 09 F150. But now I have a technical question that I could use some answers to.I purchased the aluminum cover to ensure the rear end gears would not overheat and the cover would allow me t...

pressure relief valve dripping

2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G. Atwood water heater. Discovered my pressure relief valve has drips when heating. It does not drip when we are using very little hot water. We have it in electric mode. We did several loads of laundry and it began to drip...

cpoo by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying a MH on a Workhorse with a C9. What do I look for?

OK, so I'm getting closer to buying a Raxhall Rose Air with t-rex dual slides. I'm OK with the house part (I have owned 5 motorhomes, 2 of them I'm currently renting them out).What I need help is the chassis. I don't have any experience with this cha...

map40 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Short term storage Pittsburgh or DC area summer 2015

Doing a "two part" east coast trip this summer and going to be in DC area July 2015....Have the MH in my sig below...Looking for a recommendation for covered storage for about 2 months summer 2015..need to fly back to SoCal for 6-8 weeks mid-trip and...

sd1209 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

FuelBook

Does anyone here USE or KNOW anything of FuelBook ? It is an app, that looks like it MAY be a good fuel stop planning tool. I don't know where they get, nor how accurate their price info is, don't know if the prices are user supplied or what.Edit htt...

F-53 suspension sagging on passenger side

2001 Ford 5-53 (33 footer). The passenger side seems to sag about 1.5 to 2 inches. Investigating, sup-pliers tell me this is a "known problem" and there seems to be 3 fixes for this.1- air bags2- spacer blocks3- spring spacers (spring steel that can ...

the marina at blackrock

has anyone every stay at this Rv park in Coeur d Alene Idaho,cannot seem to find much out about this parksize of sites etc?? http://marinaatblackrock.com/

lucky13 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Finally saw the inside of a new Travato

We own a Pleasureway van. Wife and I viewed 2 new Travatos. Our only thought was that they would be totally in adequate for 2 people. Very cut up floor plan with water tank next to the door and the bed would be way to small. We like our PW but ar...

I solved my air flow problems

Here's the problem. When the kitchen air handler was turned on, the air would skip over the kitchen vents and come out the ends at the living room and bathroom. The kitchen would call for cooling but the system would cool the living room and bathro...

Push button start towables not sure it applies to all !!

After loosing our 2006 Jeep Liberty (totaled)to a person that ran a red light in downtown Spokane last year we ordered a 2014 Jeep Trailhawk which we took possesion of in Feb. of this year. I was able to remove my SMI Brake system, the ram on the bra...

3708 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer pump

Looking for a source for a good price on a electric transfer fuel pump for a 2002 cummins 8.3 mine has started to leak and so far have only found one from Cummins.

cseidel by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes