Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

towing dinghy

What type of tow dolly/bar is most commonly used. Do the brake lights have to be rigged up through the vehicle that is being towed. I am finding this confusing. Thanks in advance for your help

Gel Coat on a New Motorhome. Good Thing or Waste of Money?

Getting ready to make the jump to a newer and bigger coach, a Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA with full paint like most coaches today.Trying to decide if the additional cost of the gel coat is a necessary expense to protect the paint or another way for...

Coachy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

sandblasting

Goodmorning everyone.We have a 40ft phaeton motorhome and are presently in the rio grande valley area of texas.We would like to have our motorhome underbelly sandblasted and coated. Does anyone know of a company in south texas that does this?ThanksRi...

All my battereis ruptured!

I went to begin getting the motorhome ready for the season and the first thing I noticed was no power. I checked the batteries and ALL were ruptured. I live in the pacific northwest so we do have cold winters, but I did have it winterized at Camping...

Rodd06 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New shocks for a Spartan chassis

Hello folks,I need to replace the shocks on our new to us American Tradition. It's on a Spartan chassis, weighs 32K and is running a 400HP Cummins ISL with an Allison 6 speed.Previously we've always had gassers and ran Monroe Gas Magnums and Koni FS...

tow dolly or trailer????

I have a class C 32 foot with ford E - 450 Sunseeker by Forest River. I am looking to tow a car behind that can not be towed 4 down. My wife is thinking that there might be a Subaru in her future which means towing 4 up. I could still tow my other...

toilet flap will not open(thetford).

I have a 94 Thetford Aqua magic IV. hand and foot flush.it opens horizontally (normally). its not opening. I found this out at the wrong time. thank goodness there's a stick house on the property. any info will be greatly appreciated!

chevy 8.1 or triton v-10

Iv had a v-10 for 11 years in my 99 south wind,and NEVER had a problem.looking to upgrade to a triple slide,and was told the 8.1 vortex is just as good if not better,with an allison trans. Any help would be deeply helpful in making a new choice.

happy-2 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

paint

I have a 2001 four winds motor home 34 feet longthe clear coat is peeling off 28 inches from the bottom of the rv doesanybody know home much it will cost to get it re clear coatedthank you

gkime by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

taking out rear air coditioner (Roadtrek)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has taken out the rear air conditioner, permanently in their Roadtrek. I seem to have developed a leak in the rear passenger side & the only place it could be coming from would be the AC. This is something that we don't ...

GaryKH by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

P32 New Coil Springs Too Much?

Hello All,I am new to Class A MH ownership and want to thank everyone who runs and participates in this forum. I have spent untold hours researching forums and the amount of information and detail is greatly appreciated. My learning curve has liter...

WA Resident Buying Used in AZ

Has anyone on the forum, that is a WA state resident, purchased a new/used class A motorhome from AZ and registered it in WA? Specifically, how does the sales tax/registration work? We're real close to pulling the trigger on a coach from a private ...

Fuse location for lights

I have a 2002 National Sea Breeze (Ford chassis). I am hooking up a dolly to tow a Prius. I was checking out the connector and everything worked -- except in the process I shorted the running light pin to the ground pin. I saw sparks. Now I don't get...

jerry8mm by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I need a 8.5" rise

Our new base plates connection on the Jeep is 21.5" off the ground to the center of the hole for the tow pins. The receiver on the MH is 14.0" to the top of the square where the tow bar slides in, from the ground.So to make it Level it would be 8.5" ...

et2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes