RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

holding tank leak?

In inspecting my travel trailer after the recent cold temps (in NC), I noticed that I had some ice buildup outside of my holding tank valves, that was pink in color. Given I put the RV antifreeze in my lines and into my black and gray tanks, it coul...

Caryite by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

rest stops dump stations

Here in Wa alot of our interstate rest stops have rv dump stations. Is this true with other states? Know of a state that doesn't?

Rich_Mar by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Timben SES

All,I recently purchased a 2012 F-250 with the 6.2. After doing a short test tow with my 5'er and also hauling a pretty good load on my 20ft gooseneck trailer, it seems the rear suspension is a touch on the weak side compared to the 05 250 I came fro...

jensen air antenna quality

I am getting poor reception from my Jensen air antenna in my 2011 B+. A neighbor in my campsite, about 300 feet away with the same antenna, is also hot happy with the Jensen, but they do get about 5 channels more than we are. Any thoughts about the ...

derh20 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

lights

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 28213457

buying a rental

anyone out there ever bought an rv from apollo rentals? I had never heard of them until a couple of days ago, el monte and cruise am yes. I've found cruise am has high mileage on theirs and I've read that el monte is a better place to buy, but what...

Rich_Mar by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Comforters

Why do rv mfg. put those bulky comforters into the bed rooms of rv's. Altho they look nice they are a PITA to stow when going to bed. Bed spreads are a lot less bulky and take up less room in the closet....

PVC roofs?

I'm looking at a '15 Open Range 310bhs. A PVC roof apparently is standard on their units. I didn't even know they used PVC for roofs. Does anybody have any input on these roofs? Pros/Cons. Thanks in advance.

LT_E5 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment info needed before price negotiation?

I ran into an unusual situation while trying to buy my second motor home and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. The dealership that has the particular model motor home I want to buy is requiring my credit card information before price...

Record Low Temps in the Keys

We're having record low temps here in the Keys---your heart bleeds---I know.But, don't worry about us---it's record high lows. We have a new record high low of 75 for this date.Come on down!