RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best internet options

Now that we have become full-timers we need some better internet options. We need SECURE internet as my wife deals with securities. It needs to be reliable. Expense isn't an issue since it is a write off. More looking for reliability and availabilit...

Flyin38 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

towing Dodge Dakota

I have a92 Dodge Dakota 2wd 5 speed Does anyone know if I can tow this four down behind my motorhome.

OB by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Most durable cover against snow shovel damage

Hi, I don't usually shovel snow off my covered trailer but this year with 2.5 feet up there, the springs visibly flat from all that weight, and more snow and rain forecast I decided to.I got most of the snow off but despite my careful efforts I manag...

Trailer Light Question

Our 2010 Cougar or our 2009 RAM have begun something very perplexing. After approximately 10 minutes of use, the clearance/running lights on the trailer stop working. The brake lights work, the turn signals work, the brakes work, and the indicator ...

stfnwuf by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter Mail Forwarding

We were gone ~6wks this winter. Fortunately our local post office allowed us to hold mail the whole time even though the policy is only for 30days.Next year we hope to miss all of the below zero weather in MN. Are there mail forwarding services we ...

MNRon by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

2007 GMC Savanna CV 4.3l and GVWR Questions

I own this van. 2007 GMC Savanna G13405I would like to be able to tow a small travel trailer, not a popup. I understand that there are very strict limitations regarding the weight of the trailers that I can pull but I keep finding conflicting data re...

JSDaly by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Porta Bote feedback

Anybody have a Porta Bote ? We're thinking of a 12 footer with a 6 hp outboard. I'm aware it's not a boat to take 30 miles off shore for tuna fishing, but with a little common sense I'm thinking it would be great for lakes, and sheltered inland water...

Spruce up my camper

I have a 5th wheel 7yrs old now and starting to show its age alittle so I was thinking about sprucing it up some how. Im not sure what I can do to change anything on it to freshen it up so to speak. Any ideas?

12 volt dehumidifier

Has anyone actually used 12 volt dehumidifier? If so what is your experience and any recommendations for a brand name. Please no war stories about wet trailers etc. I just need info from folks who have actually used a 12 volt dehumidifier and any rec...

legolas by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

new truck

I upgraded last November from a 2004 Duramax crew cab to a 2013 Duramax extended cab got all the stuff done like spray in bed liner and new bed rails for fifth wheel hitch...etc. My question is what should I expect in towing difference from a crew ca...

Pa to Denver 454

I haven't been out west and was looking at going either route 70 or 80 and was wondering if there are any hard hills for an RV on these roads? Looking at going out in June. If there are mountains, is snow still an issue? This is a 94 Brave is excelle...

winpa4k by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

lights

I just changed tow cars, and does anybody know which fuse to pull in a 2009 trailblazer so the dash lights don't stay on

Strange rating system

I went to PPL today to look at a few different rigs. One of them is this rear bunk Lacrosse with outdoor kitchen. The pictures look great but I dont think it's in EXCELLENT condition. It also says the owner is very anxious to sell. I'll bet he is.Lac...

azrving by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes