RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Please,Just this one time; break the law

I already have my asbestos drawers on so here goes: If you are driving a class A with a toad and are following an Amish Buggy down a 55 MPH road at 12 MPH it is ok to pass them no matter the road markings. Do not follow them for two miles, look in ...

pitch by Explorer II
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossing border from Canada to USA

This has most likely been discussed many times but a search here didn't give me an answer & all the govt. websites I've read tend to confuse me . I'm wondering what food I'm allowed to take in our RV from Canada to the US. The websites use the word...

How many hours are a lot for an Onan 4k?

We have been looking to get a larger, but probably older 31 ft Class C to replace our current 25 footer. I found a 2007 Jamboree GT that fit the bill, but was really concerned about the generator hours..........2000! I see people advertising 2 or 3 ...

Dead Electric....Ugggg

Finally got somewhere with internet service. We've been on the road for over a week now with our new trailer. I had made a weekend test run with it and everything seemed ok, but the first stop on our 2 week vacation, went to connect the electric an...

Donated RV

I bought a used RV from a place that people donate to charity. I thought it was a good buy at the time. How that I have it, I have changed my mine. I have found that the generator, refrigerator, back driver side window and heater needs work. I know i...

Buster52 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Longer trailer

Thinking of buying new trailer next year would like some more room and outside door for bathroom. To do this new rig would be overall length 37 ft current rig is 33 ft 6 inch. I have plenty of truck Dodge dually with cummings but will there be notic...

djcjc by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Princeton Castle RV "Resort"…issues!

Our Chapter President has requested that this letter be posted on the RV.Net forum. RE: Princeton Castle RV Resort, Princeton, BC CanadaWe arrived at Princeton Castle RV Park on June 29, 2014 as a group of Good Sam campers. We reserved nine s...

Odor when dumping

We have been getting a strong odor inside the RV when we dump the black tank. We have checked the vents under the cabinets and changed out the caps. Still when dumping we have an odor inside. It is about 96 degrees outside so we are trying to dump...

botts12 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hauling stuff on rear of RV

How can you let someone know they are about to loose something on a 2 lane road? We seen this grill that looked like it was strapped on with ratchet straps slowly shifting position and couldn't think of a way to alert the driver as I didn't want to g...

BluStem by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying pre-puchase towing accessories

Hi, I drive a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V6 with tow package. Rated to tow 6,200 lbs. I am currently shopping for an 18-20ft TT, trying to keep weight at 3,500lbs or lighter. I don't have a hitch or sway bar yet. Can you steer me to which ones would w...

LthornM by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

RV STORAGE,PHOENIX,AZ

I will be looking for a storage in the Phoenix,Az. area, for about four monthsHas to be at least covered or inside storage.So I would love some recommend storages address and phone numbers if possibleThanks in advanceGrumman

grumman by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Older Carefree Awning handle and parts needed

I am having problems finding the parts for my older Carefree Spirit awning. First the pins in the handles do not pull back far enough to allow the arms to move up or down. I have looked for replacement handle but the ones I find do not look like the ...

Buster52 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Merritt Island

We will be volunteering at Florida state park in late summer (St. Augustine area). We have family in Cocoa, Fl so we are looking at Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge.Have any of you volunteered at that location. If you have, then how are the site?BTW he...

Cygany by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Port-A-Deck/Port-A-Step

due in large part to having undergone knee surgery within the last year and still having additional, unresolved issues with the same knee, I've ordered an aftermarket portable step/deck system that can make it simpler and safer for me to access our c...

JEBar by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

cleaning upholstry

Our class A has taken a beating camping with small grand children. The carpet cleaning isn't a big issue but Im having trouble getting the upholstery clean. I need suggestions. What do you use, who do you call?