RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

tank probes

this is not a commercial and i am in no way connected. I just want to let everyone know about the horst tank probes, i installed them on my black tank back in the spring and for the first time since my rv was new i am getting reliable black tank read...

ADAD437 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake Buddy Vantage Select Failure

I bought the Brake Buddy Vantage Select 3 years ago in Feb., and of course, it failed last week while towing my Wrangler in the mountains of Colorado -- it had a 3 year warranty and I was over by 5 months! A light came on my remote and said "check ...

Olddud by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

DOES THIS BUDGET SOUND REASONABLE?

Planning my first MH trip, 4-5 months. I'll be alone.I'll have at least $5000 emergency cash and will be recieving about $2300 per month while I'm on the road.Guessing 1000 gallons of gas at $5 /gallon.I eat cheap and am budgeting $15 / day for food....

TOMMY47 by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Portable Compact Refrigerator Recommendations?

I am to understand “Santa” is bringing me a new compact fridge for Christmas because I have been such a handy helpmate.:W I have no idea what unit to ask for. What make/model has this RV.net group had the best results/experience with?Lakeside

Refill one pound propane bottles

We just like to cook outdoors. I guess you could say we sort of "car camp" with an RV. Little portable stove with lantern next to the Dutch ovens works for us. Going to start refilling one pound bottles and not trip over propane hose. For those th...

path1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't fix stupid

I live in the middle of the block in town. Not a super busy street, but not a quiet one either. There are intersections less than 200' each side of me. Here's the deal. I have to back the TT into my front yard, between 2 trees 12' apart. Not hard t...

Selling out.......

DW and I have made a decision to sell our RV and our Dually. Pretty hard because we have grown attached to these old things. We are at a point in our lives where we simply don't get to use them enough to justify having them. The new owners will re...

Washer/dryer installation possible?

We are first time RVers and the misses desperately wants w/d unit. It's near impossible to find one that's already installed, meets our budget and has enough storage space as we are going to be full-timers for the next 3-5 years. The RV we were leani...

acemyers by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unusual Request

All,I am reaching out for a rather unusual request and am hoping someone here can help. This September, my wife will be donating a kidney to her sister. We live in Colorado and her sister lives in Massachusetts. We will need to stay in Massachusetts ...

rposgood by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Dually rear tire question. New tires steering sloppy.

Previous tires were Kumhos. I just replace all because two failed. One front had tread separation and an outer rear blew and shredded on the highway while towing last week. On the front now are BFGoodrichs T/A. Why? because I had to replace the left ...

Broken seat from Even Brake Portable Braking System?

I have a Roadmaster Even Brake Portable Proportional Braking System that I use in my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.My driver's seat metal frame has broken in several places. The lower rear right vertical bracket has sheared, and the left rear hori...

Quiet hours

Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to enforce "quiet hours"?http://www.travelwithkevinandruth.com/2013/08/quiet-hours-1100pm-to-700am.htmlI've even suggested to some late nighters that maybe I'll be doing some gas powered weed whacking arou...

karead7 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Saskatchewan 5G Endorsement

I need to get my heavy trailer endorsement "G" on my class 5 license. What am I looking at here? Do I have to write all seven written tests? What is the road test like?

Iceman31 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes