RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Please check my tow math

Hello, everyone. New to forum. New to travel trailers. Trying to understand tow capacities, etc.I am looking to buy a 2017 Expedition EL Limited to become the new family vehicle (family of 5) and that it can also "safely" pull the Apex 289TBSS tra...

Attempted Break In

This morning we had someone try to break in. It was only a crime of opportunity, but it was the first time I've experienced this in the past approximately 600 nights traveling and sleeping in the RV. There was a rental truck parked next to us. I w...

I-70 Camper Crash

Article and pictures of a camper crash involving a semi and a camper with SUV. 3 people injured. This was in Springfield, Ohio.Camper crash

all over the road

I was on the freeway today coming back from Dr's appt and came up behind a Trailer and it was all over the road. finally found a spot where he was near the shoulder and passed him. looked down, he had no sway bar and no WDH. 3/4 ton ford. I bet he...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace fresh water tank

Hi All - Been doing some re-building, repairing water damage. As part of that I've removed the freshwater tank and found mold in it so I need to replace it. Also it's only 30 gallons and I'd like a little bigger tank. I'm running into a couple of ...

2010 Beetle with A/T Towing

Hi and thanks in advance for any help or advice offered. It seems that a tow dolly id recommended and well , required for this . I read that Demco makes a nice one. I watched Master hitch's youtube video and another company's . Does any body have act...

Just something to look for

Just a fyi, if you live in a warm climate, and store your RV for extended periods, check the water in your toilet bowl, so it won't evaporate and make your seal dry out or any stink in just something I have always watched out for

suprz by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

trailer for land rover

I am going to be towing my land rover. It cannot be towed 4 down so I am going to need a tow dolly. I think I need a trailer, not just a dolly.Any recommendations for the easiest to load and set up.Been gone from the forum for quite a while, going fu...

paulm by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Yet another gooseneck/fifth wheel adapter thread

There have been plenty of threads and discussions already, but I want to approach from a different angle as I didn't find my answer in the current threads...http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29411839/http://www.rv.net/forum/inde...

America's roads are awful!!

I'm seriously thinking about giving up RVing due to our Nation's lousy roads. Tired of being bounced around for miles on end. I'm beat after traveling 200 miles in 4 1/2 hours on terrible roads. Primarily in the Midwest. It's just no fun anymore. Any...

America The Beautiful Pass

Well I will be 62 this week. I believe I will head down and get my pass. Last year it was $10, now it’s $80. Just my luck but it’s still a bargain.

How easy to take car in Boston

Looking at going to Boston in the mid September/October time frame. Is the area easy to drive? Big question, how about parking? Is it pet friendly? Our 2 pets are small and would be in stroller. Any advice would be appreciated. Jan