RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bounder compartment door

I just purchased a used 1995 Bounder Class A. A couple of the compartment door latches are stuck in the open position. I would like to take them out and either repair or replace. The latches are held in with two screws, but the latch is inside the fr...

dtrink by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Dealer gave me wrong equal-I-zer size?

So I picked up a 2015 Jayco X23b hybrid today and the dealer installed the equalizer with the 600/6000 head/bars. Loaded trailer weight is 5000 max. I’ve read online people exceeding 600lbs on the tongue. 600lbs is 12%. Am I safe with the 600/6000 ...

Parking strips or driveway?

Hello All, Looking for inspiration and ideas from you knowledgeable folks. Finally going to pour a parking pad on the side of the house and trying to decide on the paving across the front yard to get to it. Currently grass with a tree that will be tr...

H20ENG by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it hot enough for you??

We are in north central Texas and it is HOT. Been around 110 here for the last several days. Anyone camping around here in this heat? We are not, thank goodness. Even with 2 A/C units, I don't think our 5er would stay cool. If I did not have to work ...

Most Satisfactory Roadside Assistancw

We currently have Good Sam Roadside Assistance and are thinking of switching to FMCA Roadside Assistance. Does anyone have any experience with FMCA assistance and how would you rate and compare it to Good Sam's assistance plan?

jonlin by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Dolly 2019 Honda Ridgeline 2WD

I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline and really wished I could take it make it a toad. But because of the AWD, wheel speed sensing and weak front end , it can't be towed. I see Honda has brought it back and offers a 2WD. Has anyone either tow dollied or...

POP RV's

I am wondering if anyone has done business with POP RV's. They are brokers that sell rv's for consignors. Please let me know of any experiences.

Our experience as Camp Hosts - California State Parks

We just finished 3+ months of camp hosting at a California State Park. What a great experience. If you're considering a camp host position or simply wondering if it's for you, click on the link in my signature. I've posted two pages of our experience...

Any one weighed their Jeep JK Unlimited

We have been towing our 98 Jeep TJ for the last year. The TJ weighs in at 3750 on a certified scale. The E350 and V8 does all right towing it. DW wife wants to upgrade to a newer 4 door JK Unlimited. My opinion is stick with a 2 door if we get ano...

melandme by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Hosting

My wife and I are considering being a campground host at a national park. Are there any members who have done this and can offer some tips or advice?

Coast to Coast / Membership Camping

Who here uses a coast to coast membership? Can I even ask about that on a Good Sam forum?From what I can tell, the coast to coast part is legit and useful, but you can only get it with a local resort membership, and those are full of issues. Does a...

el_jefe1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

volt amp meter needed

I am looking for a round v / a meter that is compact and sealed in the back except for the wires. needs to be sealed because I am mounting it through the " wall " of my kayak so a plastic nut on the back would be nice.Only ones I have found so far a...

Class B roof cracks

Yesterday I scrubbed the fiberglass roof of my 1997 Xplorer a camper van. This was with a scrub brush & comet. I try to do this once a year. My regular washing is done more frequently. I found 2 areas with cracks, 1 more serious than the other. ...

steveh27 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes