RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How can WE control what we see?

I've not previously felt the need for this forum feature and had to search to see if it existed. If you should be annoyed by a bloviating braggart self promoter splashing himself all over the forum, for example, there is help. Click "My Forums" and ...

shelbyfv by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing a 2016 VW GTI

For those interested it is now possible to setup a 2016 VW GTI with manual transmission for 4 wheels down towing. Blue OX now has a base plate for this car - mine was the 1st to be equipped with it. See attached photo below.To eliminate the need to h...

whemme by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes

Hot water heater bypass? Coachmen Apex

Can anyone tell me if the Apex 300bhs has a hot water heater bypass and if so where it might be?I'm guessing it is under the fridge but I haven't opened the panel yet to check. I finally found the water pump but don't see any kind of bypass there so ...

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban Colonial white door touchup paint

We have some minor dings on the door of our Suburban hot water and furnace doors. They are colonial white.Does anyone know the best colonial white spray paint you can buy for minor touch ups?No response from them on paint recommendations. Thanks all.

How to apply 303 on fiberglas roof?

I have read many times here on this forum and others about using 303 on a fiberglass roof. I know it works well on rubber products. I looked on Amazon and I can get a gallon of this stuff for about $42 bucks. My question is how do you apply it to ...

lanerd by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

drop down box

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 29234173

j_p_f_ by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any one else got a teenie weenie RV for commuting

Twenty years ago after all the kids were gone, we graduated from tenting to a tiny pop up. After using it for several years when I retired we decided to take an extended trip to Alaska so we sprung for a 19 foot hard side. After using that for quite ...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM problem

I think I just bought the wrong thing. I just bought the TireMinder 55c system. It says not for aluminum wheel stems, only for Brass. Problem: I have Aluminum. Can I use it anyway? Why would these not work for aluminum stems? Do I have to send the bo...

artitude by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are you NOT camping this summer.

One of the other members started a thread asking where you plan to camp this summer. What places are you going to avoid this summer and what is your reasons? For Example : such and such place is to crowded, such and such place is doing remodeling thi...

Most RV friendly Cities and States

What cities and states do you think are the most RV friendly?Watching this video - https://youtu.be/4X9dN7W7OWI - made me think of the idea for this thread.If I would have to guess I would say Arizona and inland Southern California is pretty darn fri...

RV Financing / Zero Down Options?

Does anyone have any experience with RV Financing? I know that RV.net does do financing through GoodSam, but we may be interested in zero down options. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations specifically with zero down financing? We re...

Solar to keep batteries charged in storage.

So we have the solar about done on the travel trailer. One of the reasons for solar was we can't plug in and keep the batteries charged between trips because have to have storage away from our home. I was looking for a new storage spot and all they h...