RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Equalizer hitch

I am looking to purchase a TT and want to get some thoughts on my WD hitch. The TT dry weight is 5600 lbs. It has a 50 gallon water tank so that will be around 450 lbs. I am assuming another 600 to 800 pounds (sound right?) for everything else. T...

rfrancis by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Failure of tire recall system

Jan issue of Motorhome magazine had item on tire recalls and how an owner was not notified by either the RV company or the tire company. Luckily the owner saw a news story about the tire recall and had his tires replaced for free.If there is a tire r...

Brake Buddy Stealth good service

Had a problem with our connection between the motorhome and the car with our Brake Buddy Stealth - e-mailed and sent pictures. They send us a new connection! Very happy with Brake Buddy service. :B

pegdiver by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Weighing your rv

I hear it said a lot that when you weigh your unit you should weigh each wheel vs just the axles and that makes perfect sense. With that being said how do you do that? Is this possible at the cat scales? Those of you that did it how do you do it?...

Good Service

I had a awning spring break while on the road. I had just replaced the spring one month before purchased from Northwest RV. I called them and told them about the failure and the sent me a new spring quickly so I could continue on my trip. Just wanted...

jimj by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tornadoes in the Southeast

We've been planning a leisurely trip down the Natchez Trace, to New Orleans, and back up through Alabama towards I-81. Got it all worked out for this spring - end of March into April.It just came to mind that that is tornado season. :ELooking at some...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Had an unexpected visitor this weekend

I was out camping in the desert this last weekend. The weather was beautiful with just a puff of wind from time to time. I was outside on Sunday morning when I spied this guy wandering around the area. I grabbed my camera and jumped in the Suburban a...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs 'N All. Anybody tried it?

Just saw an ad on my phone and read it but I figured the best resource on how it really works was fellow campers. So, have any of y'all tried it and with what results? I have used Wet and Forget to clean the camper before (not bugs necessarily) and f...

albow by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes