RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gonna Miss the Gem PowWow in Jan at "Q"

Well it seems that the Gods of Q have abandoned us. I need another spinal epidural and without any big interrogation my MD said any time. That means January 18th. We'll make the swap meets but miss most of the fun at Beer Belly's. The DW has fina...

Mr Heater Buddy

I just saw a YouTube video promoting the Mr Heater Buddy to keep your RV warm while boondocking in winter.It supposedly works with the small Coleman RV bottles and doesn't use the RV's battery.Does someone have experience using this? I'm wondering h...

jornvango by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

stay-in-play duo towed vehicle braking system

Has anybody with this system had their battery gone dead after towing. I had this system installed Sept. 2016 for our trip in Oct.2016. We wanted to tow our front wheel drive 2014 Ford Edge. It was working fine but on our way home when we stopped at...

timpitt by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Replacement Tow Vehicle Tires

I have a 2002 Dodge 2500 2WD that has Firestone Transforce AT 245/75r16's on it. The tow vehicle has both towing and camper package on it (extra leaf springs). The tires are now 7 years old and have about 30K miles on them but are developing cracks ...

dewey02 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Dump fitting wrenches for bad hands

Has anyone used these Camco wrenches? I have a lot of difficulty with the couplings due to a hand problem. They are designed for Rhino-Flex, which I see has identical tabs on both the male and female fittings. My Valterra fittings only have tabs l...

Starcraft vs.jayco any difference

Question I know that starcraft is a division of jayco which is now a division or soon will be of thor,but is their any true difference between jayco and starcraft or is it mainly trim decor,tv brand names.etc,talking particular about 5th wheels.bu...

5th wheel nose high

After putting the camper in the shop for the winter I went and raised the front landing gear as high as I could. With my short legs I can now walk under the front. Will this hurt the suspension or tires. It's really nose high. THANKS

Winterizing/de-winterizing water heater

I am finally going to winterize the motorhome today before the deep freeze hits home later this week. MH is 2015 ACE 30.1 and the WH bypass valves are where you must remove a drawer and panel in the bedroom, then stand on your head with a flashlight...

04fxsts by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Funny stuff happens

We all have funny stuff happen to us as we travel. we'd like to hear your tales of stuff that happened to you.I'll start.We were parked At the Antietam battle ground memorial, waiting for the rest of the family to return, when a strange lady boarded ...

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Bumper Pull versus Gooseneck for me

Hello, this is my first post. This forum looks like you all have a wealth of information, I'm so glad I found you! I would appreciate your input on my dilemma-I tried to be as specific as possibleTruck: 2017 Ram 3500 LB dually Aisin transmisson 4.10C...

barngal by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee

On 30 SEP 16, we bought a 2016 Grand Cherokee.Overland High Altitude, (fancy name for black badging) We were going to get a Cherokee but had problems getting into and out of it. I am very comfortable sitting in the passenger seat. We also have a TPM...