RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Coast to coast in an Electric car towing a trailer.

Thought this was kinda interesting. All new to us now but of course in ten years it will be fun to look back on it and see the first baby steps taken in the march towards electric vehicles. Kinda cool. http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/saanich-cou...

Remodel

I have decided to keep my 2005 BT Cruiser and do upgrades. I would like to replace the dinette with a desk/table combo, redo floors and replace the sleeper sofa. I live in the midwest and will need all work done by a professional company. Any suggest...

13 year old trailer tires..

Well I finally got chit from the DW.. When I told her out trailer tires were from 2003 she got concerned.. I bit the bullet an replaced. If it was up to me I would have waited for a blow out.. LOLOLAnyway I did get a flat last year with these tires b...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding oil to engine

I have a Rexhall Aerbus with a ford f-550 6.8L V10 engine. My husband has had a stroke and is the one who has always taken care of Maintenance. Now it is up to me and I can not find where to add the oil. can someone please help me?

Luella54 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Good info for buyers of recently-orphaned RVs

Just saw this on RV Daily Report. While it's geared towards dealers, and suggestions on how to handle an orphan situation from their standpoint, us consumers should know this, too, so we can go in armed with good info, on what we should expect in th...

laknox by Nomad
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping in Canada

We're touring the US and have been using the Ultimate Campground Project to find spots for our trailer. How can we find spots in Canada?

Flatfive by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

SF City hall

I already found an RV park but need to go into the city for a wedding at the city hall on a Saturday. Looking for suggestions on logistics such as nearby parking, uber, taxi, safety. Any help would be appreciated. Not familiar with this part of the ...

Using 4wd to slow down

I was reading the last issue of trailer life, the article a couple wrote about looking for a new truck. In the article they said that when going down a step grade they will put their truck in 4wd low and low gear to help slow down. I would like to kn...

craig7h by Nomad II
  • 66 replies
  • 0 likes

Liquid Wrench Dry Lube for Slideouts

Anybody have anything negative on this stuff? About to lube my slide rails. Went to Wally World. They had various dry lubes but the main ones were a Camco dry lube and a LW dry lube. The Camco - $9/bottle. The LW - $4/bottle. Just wanna make su...

BigSur2 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

New truck and hitch weighed

I have weight the truck separately, truck and TT, Truck TT with EZ WDH hooked up. F250 Truck no TTSteer axle 4880 drive axle 3260F250 with WDH attachedSteer axle 4460Drive axle 4540trailer 13260F250 without WDH installedsteer axle 4300Drive ...

Sold our trailer Saturday

Well the time had come. We had not used it since 2012. It was 16 years old and rather than let it sit and depreciate any more we decided to sell it. We are not giving up on having an RV, we just decided that this one was TOO big to get into the ...

Host Campers Needed

The Neal Taylor Nature Center located at Cachuma Lake in the hills above Santa Barbara, CA is looking for a single volunteer or a volunteer couple. We need someone preferably starting in September 2016 and staying through to early/mid April, 2017. T...

Trailer wheel balancing

Does anyone get their tire/wheels balanced when putting new tires on? Generally on trailers I have not seen this done, but it would make sense so it makes for a smoother ride in RV. Thanks in advance for your responses!