RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

to much info

We bought the G S travel & savings guide book. Not happy with it at all. It's what, 3 or so inches thick weighs several pounds and goes into detail about a ton of subjects I couldn't care less about. But to try and find the legend to explain the syn...

Rich_Mar by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322) VACUUM

FANTASTIC!! Finally ... a small upright that has the power of a big canister. EASIER to use than a canister in small areas. I live in a motor home which has it's cleaning challenges. This cleaned the kitchen floor mat so well that it looked like it h...

Stiff water hose

Does anyone know of a water hose that is flexible when its cold. My Walmart hose is like rolling up wire in the cold weather.

GMC Yukon 4 down question

I currently tow a 2005 GMC Yukon 4wd behind my 2005 Discovery. It is set up for four down with a Blue ox tow bar and we installed the MG air brake system on it years ago and it all works great. It is very easy to hook up then push the electonic but...

mcc1229 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Major pile up

There was a major pile up near home during a white out today. I hope this wasn't anyone from RV.NetCrashComplete story here.If the subscribe message pops up, just hit the X in the upper right corner of the pop up and you should be able to read the s...

Brilliant

My apologies if this has been posted before. I don't normally read this section.From Sandy Gayle Rauch Sluder's post in "Truckers Wall of Shame"

jplante4 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Sway with new truck

I have a 27' Salem travel trailer with a Reese WD hitch, and previously towed it with a 2005 Tundra. I would get a little bit of sway on the highway when a big rig would pass, but no big deal. Just bought a 2016 Tundra - bigger and more powerful th...

How do you put chains on your RV's?

We mostly travel in winter From AZ to Denver or to Seattle for Christmas. We also mostly boon-dock for long weekends a lot of the time in winter. So I do put on chains here and there. Here is how I do it, sorry no pictures yet, on a trip this wint...

eichacsj by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

My new TT, where are the trouble spots?

I had a used TT for a year and had no issues. I bought a new TT and discovered during the first rain that a window wasn't completely sealed. It just so happened that right under the gutter of my slide out there was a hole/separation in the caulk/wind...

Backflush sewer smell

Hello all; Whenever I dump the black tank and do a backflush, the sewer smell inside the trailer is pretty ferocious. There are no leaks of any kind in the bathroom. The fan is not on. No smell just draining the black tank but as soon as I hook up th...

2016 Silverado

Is anyone towing a 2016 Silverado 4x4. Does it have a vacuum booster? Are you having the same problems with disconnecting and connecting the transfer case as those with Colorados?ThanksMoisheh

moisheh by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The right fuels to use. Don't be foolish

Everybody really needs to check your gas mileage on the cheaper gases like Walmart, Sheetz, Giant foods, etc. I think that if you do this you will see that the 2 or 3 cent savings in cost is not worth it. At your name brand fuels (Sunoco, Exxon, Mobi...

Dennis12 by Explorer
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping World

I read in our local paper this morning that Camping World has purchased a very popular local dealership, Southern RV Supercenter. No date was given for the takeover. I sure hope CW will continue the good, friendly, family style service that Souther...