RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Towing 6000 lbs boat behind gas class A

I am at an RV show now and the wife likes the 2016 Thor Miramar 34.2. I am questioning the salesman in the towing capacity as I have a 4500 lb boat on an approximate 1200 pound double axle trailer.He is of course stating the rig will pull it as the h...

TLLOYD by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

G rated tire speeds

Just curious. I can't find it online and I don't have these tires yet. But many new toy haulers have them now.What are the speed ratings of the G rated tires like the GoodYear 614s or the Sailuns?

sway, or no??

OK, real rookie question and I will try to keep it brief - but I doubt that I'll succeed.2016 35 foot Rockwood Signature Ultra-Light TT being towed with a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab with the 5.9L Cummins. I'm not going to get real technical with we...

mikemc53 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

flat towing or tow dolly

I have a 31ft motor home I was wandering if I flat tow a car are the brakes applied when I use my motorhome brakes or is there something that applies the brakes on the towed vehicle . I know with tow dollies surge or electric brakes are used

When is Water getting OLD/Stale

for the fresh water holding tanks...when SHOULD the water be replaced... 1 week, 2? I searched.. and did not find a good answer...I have camped for years.. NON trailer.. but first time out for weeks/months.Thank You, and Merry Christmas..

Snow, driving with slide out...

We're in Las Cruces, NM, spending the holidays with family (staying in an RV "resort"). It started snowing a little after noon yesterday and we've received 4 - 6" in the Mesilla Valley as of 11:00 this morning. Late last night, a large class A DP pul...

Insulation for entry door?

Our entry door transmits cold air. It is weatherstripped and we use an air-blocking pillow at the bottom. What do you use on the door itself in cold weather? Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizing in Texas while still using RV regularily

We use our Class C motorhome at least twice a month and store it on a piece of land an hour from our house, but wonder how best to approach winterizing it. This week we have some temps with lows in the upper twenties and highs in low forties. Wonderi...

brrit by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Pick Up towing a Van

I am planning to tow a Chevy G20 van across country with an F150 Pick Up , Towing Dinghy... with a tow bar.I have been doing a lot of research to be sure what I do is safe.Something that I have not found answers on is whether or not the front wheels ...

OK. I give up. What are these hooks for?

At Lake Catherine State Park the RV sites have these green hooks, and I can't figure out what they're for. The entire assembly is probably six feet tall. There's a hook at the end that is obviously intended for something to hang from, but ..... wha...

ECones by Explorer
  • 66 replies
  • 0 likes

Best toad for carrying a canoe?

I am looking for a toad that can carry a 16 foot canoe on the roof. I considered a Honda CR-V but the rack spacing is only 4 feet between rails (leaving 12 feet hanging unsupported) and the hatch will not open all the way with the canoe on top. I con...