RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

double checking figuring "max" hitch weight for my TV

There was a discussion a couple of months ago regarding figuring "max" hitch weight.....I searched for the discussion but did not find.A 2002 Silverado 2500HD Long bed, Crew cab, 4x4 w/8.1 so you don't need to go to my sig.Here are my figures: ...

Vinyl floor care...?

Have a 2012 Montana Mountaineer. Looking for a product for the vinyl floor that is fairly tough and durable. The products made for the floors in home( Mop and Glow ) don't last long enough. Thanks, all.

rehless by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Digital torque wrench adapter

I saw a digital torque wrench adapter at Harbor Freight and a guy that was buying one said how great they were.....I just don't know....I have a mechanical one that has to have the tension reset every time I use it. I wonder if the digital would be ...

Help me replace my Saturn Vue Toad with ???

Where can I find the 2015 Guide to Towable vehicles? I am looking to replace a 9 year old Saturn Vue that has done well but is getting very tired. Need something under 5000LBS total weight, has automatic transmission, can be towed four down and can a...

catkins by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

fire extinguishers for truck

Looking for recommendations for fire extinguishers to carry in my RV truck when towing. Brands? classications i.e. A B C. I plan to attach it to the outside of tool box in bed.

Interesting stop at a Cracker Barrel in Arkansas

Coming back from a swap meet in Chickasaw Ok. we went to Fayetteville Ar. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel to eat and while there I asked the manager if we could overnight in his parking lot with our 35 ft. mh and trailer. His answer was "I can't say y...

scdiver by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Enclosed Car Hauler With Elongated Tongue

I am looking for an 8.5' X 20' enclosed car hauler with an elongated tongue. Anyone know a dealer in North Texas or Oklahoma that keeps these trailers in stock? I want one with a 60" plus tongue. I would be pulling it behind a 40' motor home diesel p...

Charging RV batteries with tow vechicle

Have any of you folks installed the necessary wiring and components so you can charge your RV batteries while you are driving? It looks like it would be easy to do, the most expensive part being the heavy gauge wire running from the tow vehicle engi...

Broken Onan breaker Switch

As always, thanks in advance for the kind advice!Last week in glorious Yosemite it seems I tripped the breaker on my Onan Genrator. When I went outside to check it out I realized that the switch was completely loose and every time I tried to flip th...

Where do you repack your wheel bearings?

We keep our RV at a RV storage place. We can't have it at our house due to HOA rules. Where do you repack your wheel bearings if you have a situation like this? We take our RV to a certain RV park near us that allows RV washing when we want to do ...

Entry door window "covering"?

Lots of light comes thru the fifth wheel entry door window. Cannot see out of it anyhow so would like to "darken" it somewhat. Have tried various things such as curtain at times you don't want lots of light coming in and not satisfied. Do not want...

A Nissan Versa Dinghy Question

We will be towing a 2008 Nissan Versa with our Winnebago Minnie Winnie. I've read the Nissan owner's manual as to transmission in neutral and starting and idling every 500 miles for two minutes. What I do not see is if the ignition key needs to be ...