cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

broke day/night shade

Ranchers_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
We ended up with a mouse in our camper this winter. Yuck! However, the poo will clean. My main problem is it chewed one of the strings on my shades - of course it was the largest window in the camper! ๐Ÿ˜ž how do I fix this?? Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

lizbard
Explorer
Explorer
They are so dusty, I'd rather take them out and put in some Roman shades that can be taken down and washed and dried in washer and dryer. I'd also like to remove the "frame" that is also fabric covered and dusty.

Any advice how to do it?

Ranchers_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all!!

Lincoln4
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than restringing it with the same weak string the manufacturers use, I used 130# test Dacron fishing line. I haven't had a string break in the three years since then. I used to have a couple a year break. Just a thought for you...
Tom & Jana fulltiming in the driveway. Hitting the road June 1.
Plus Roswald and Piper, The Wonder Chugs!
2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA
Looking for a new Toad...

My blog

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
Check out "The Dirty Blind Man"

Clicky
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Camping stores now carry a day/night shade kit. It includes the correct string, a couple of extra holders and instructions. Comes in a couple of string colors. Inexpensive and the materials are all like OEM parts!

If you don't have a camping store near you the local RV dealerships are carrying the kits now also.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis M M wrote:
Go take a look here: http://www.fixmyblinds.com

It is actually pretty easy to do.
X2
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Go take a look here: http://www.fixmyblinds.com

It is actually pretty easy to do.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Ranchers_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Nan!! I think you are my new best friend!! Lol. I am pm'ing you now. Thank you again!!!

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
I have restrung them myself just went to JoAnn Fabric and bought a piece of cord as near to the size as I could get and laid shade on the bed and figured out by looking at one still in tact how it had to go in. I also have a ordered string from the mfg. of the shades and they sent a pattern on how to restring. If you pm me I can email you a copy of that pattern. Nan Also I think if you do a search others have posted the pattern on this forum.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power