RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Atwood Camper Jack Parts

Now that Atwood is kaput - where does one find a replacement plastic cover that went on top of many of their camper jacks. Called Lippert and they don't have them and did not know of anyone that did. Looked on Ebay and Amazon - no dice there either...

oregon2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Water leaking inside RV from furnace.

I have had two hours of driving rain today. I noticed some water pooling on the floor underneath a cabinet near the fridge. I pulled the lower drawer out and I saw a puddle of water underneath the metal box of the furnace. Water was dripping from ...

Corps of Engineers jobs

Does anyone know the precise website for the Corps of Engineers to search for gatehouse or fee booth contract positions?Thank you!!

lg212 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Help re towing on dolly

Anyone know if a 2013 Mercedes-Benze b250 turbo can be towed on a dolly.It is not a 4matic. Any information will be appreciated.Thank you

AAA RV Premier said they won't tow dolly...

Disappointed in AAA. Last night while driving down Cabbage Hill, i84, Oregon near Pendleton, we had one of the dolly tires blow out. We have AAA Premier RV. Anyway, AAA says they won't tow the dolly to a tire shop. They say it's not covered.So, mayb...

RedJeep by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Cedar Creek rear wall loose from floor??

It's a 2008 34 TSA fifth. At the floor the wall can be pushed away from the floor about 1/2 inch at the centre below the big rear window. She says there is always lots of dust at back of trailer after going on gravel roads which we have to when we le...

Camp Hosting

The wife and I are considering a camp host position for the 2019 camping season. We've never done it before so any tips would be welcome. Would like to hear from folks that have actually done it. Would you do it again or not?

Winnebago’s market position

Dear all, curious if anyone knows if Winnebago sales have jumped? We are on a trip to Moab right now, and I would bet greater than 50% of the rvs we see are Winnebago. Looking st class C’c I’d say closer to 75%. I don’t ever remember this level of im...

Hell of a year for rodents

Last fall the white pines dropped a huge amount of pine cones. As a result, the squirrel, chipmunk, and mouse populations are way up, and they are doing their mischief. The list this year so far: Chewed hoses and well line, anything plastic basically...

Help! Mosquitos ransacking my camper

The camper is parked beside my house on acreage. There aren't any mosquitos outdoors or in the house, but there are clouds of them in the camper. I slapped and smashed them all one time, but now a few days later they're back. I've plugged all the dra...

Would you buy a RV without local dealer support?

There’s a few Holiday Rambler class A’s that I really like. Problem is I am from New England and I believe the closest dealer is in NJ. Maybe even further. I have no problem traveling to buy what I want. My concern is warranted work and other issues....

What's your favorite electric shaver?

This is RV related since we have very little fresh water capacity in our class B. DH shaves the old fashioned way - with a razor and shaving cream. It takes lots of water so I'd really like to get a good electric shaver. He's particular about having ...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Singing more praises for Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

It is without a doubt, I am an advocate for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for cleaning the awning! I've been singing this song for several years now. I know there may be easier ways to do it, but for longivity, to stunt mold and black from returning, I'...