96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

13 REPLIES 13

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got to go out once in mid March. It was 67 degrees at 5 pm that weekend.

Since then it has been either to cold or to windy. I hope to get enough time tomorrow to de-winterize but, I have so many other things to do before we get to planting corn next week that I doubt I will have time.

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
have been going out for several days a month all winter and survived several days in November at the ocean with 65 mile winds and 8 inches of rain. Awesome trip with no toad cuz the towbar pulled out as we were leaving the drive way and the DW, in all her wisdom, says park the toad and let's go anyway. Slept a lot, drank a few beers,ate a lot and walked on the beach in a driving rainstorm. Great experience.
Heading out for two weeks next week, right after my 75th birthday, and decided to check the roof and three hours later, it's snow white again.
I love heading out, even if it's only for several nites.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the weather here has been not quite typical for spring time. It started snowing about 25 hours ago and hasn't stopped. The wind has been blowing pretty hard so I guess we've been in a day long plus blizzard. I was supposed to go to work today but they contacted me saying don't bother.

We've got drifts about 5 feet deep yet other areas only about a foot deep. We don't normally see blizzards this high, let alone in April.

So I've just been lazing around inside, watching a little TV, messing around on the computer and just cracked open a beer. So, yea, pretty stress free day for me, too!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
But get your camping in before you get next to the guy that complains about dogs, or has dogs that bark too much, or leaves his lights on, or plays his music too loud, or has a smoky campfire (heaven forbid), or cooks food that doesn't smell good, or empties his black tank at the wrong time... ๐Ÿ™‚

We had our first trip of the season in February, 18 days to Florida. We have our next trip planned next weekend with some friends. Can't wait!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the day yesterday puttering around the trailer, dewinterizing, bringing out the supplies, sitting under my canopy as it dried out drinking a brewskie, throwing the ball for the dog, replaced an outside light, and basically starting getting everything ready! And the weather was perfect!!

One of my best stress-relieving days in a long time!! And I didn't even go anywhere!!
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

wilcamp
Explorer
Explorer
TooManyTents wrote:
That looks like one of those 1960's Sears tents that came with 37 different poles, not shock-corded together and with no decipherable instructions. Setting those up was stress-inducing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, my brother "sold" his to me, said it was a "cussing" tent. First outing we found out why, couldn't put it up without cussing like an old seadog. Brother and SIL still laugh about it.

Best outcome of that "stress-inducing" experience? DW said, "If we're going to continue camping, we've got to get a pop-up." Done!!! Twenty-two years ago, PU and now our 3rd TT, never regretted it.
Wil, Tara, Keeko (Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix 9 yr.-old) and Kalee (Wire Hair Terrier/Blue Heeler mix 1 yr. old)
2018 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2702; 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi w/ 3.92 rear axle

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like one of those 1960's Sears tents that came with 37 different poles, not shock-corded together and with no decipherable instructions. Setting those up was stress-inducing. ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I remember the first time I went camping in a membership campground.

I pulled in, flashed my Membership card, Found a site and set up, notified the store/ranger of my site, and when time came had the best night's sleep I had had in years.

Yes, the O/P has it, Stress is caused by not camping enough. Absolutely agree.

On edit: note that I said MEMBERSHIP, yes I know I have to pay dues, but I pay those from "Home" At the campground I did not need money.

Paying for the site: Now that's stressful.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I just returned from a 3 1/2 month camping trip.. First One. ๐Ÿ™‚

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I thought this was the cure:

no wait..... wrong cure.
:B
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I've been tryin' to tell ya!
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Amen, bro, amen!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I would agree. 60's and sunny forecast for the next 3-4 days, I'm headed to the nearest state park that'll have me!
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed