cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I saw myself

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I was going to the RV dealer today to buy a drop reciever. My wife was with me and I was driving. We pulled up to a light and stopped. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw myself in the car behind us. Holy **** I said to my wife, look behind us. She did and bust out laughing ( still can't figure why the laugh).

This guy was like looking at a clone of me. She turned around twice and looked laughing the whole time. The guy just started shaking his head at her.

He didn't have a clue what was in front of him. That was just a weird feeling. :E
14 REPLIES 14

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I also worked with a guy that could have been my twin. One day our general supervisor came and got him to go look at a job thinking it was me. He was a millwright and I was a tinsmith. Got a good laugh at that one.

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Maybe your rear view mirror was adjusted wrong and you really were looking at yourself...

:B

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
I was stationed in Thailand years ago and was on one of the islands having lunch. The owner comes over, sits down and starts talking to me like we knew each other. After a while he realized I had a bit of a perplexed look on my face and he asked me my name. I told him and he said I looked like someone who came in frequently and ordered the same meal and attacked it the same way I did. Both had a good laugh over it.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Maybe your rear view mirror was adjusted wrong and you really were looking at yourself...

This guy was driving a Suburu. Definitely behind the wheel. The giveaway was when he shook his head at my wife as she was halfway in the back seat laughing so hard.

The scarey part is he shook his head the same way with the same look I give my wife at times. That's when I started laughing. Like he knew!

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
He was probably wondering what his wife was doing in the car with someone else...

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I worked with a guy who many people seemed to think was my twin. I had people mad at me because they thought I was the other guy and when I kept saying no they wouldn't believe me. Showed my drivers lic to a couple of them.

The other guy was in some controversial situations at times so a buddy made a sign for the back of my coat that said "DONT SHOOT, I'm not Gene"

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
If it was your identical hand twin you could be rich...just like Joey
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
next reality TV series " How I see myself"

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
doppelganger

Ha! That was my first thought. Normally, I'd say you just dated yourself. But with Netflix these days, everyone can be up to speed. My kids love that show.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Sounds like you have the beginnings of a script to a movie.

Or a soap opera... :B
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have the beginnings of a script to a movie.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
They say everyone has a twin somewhere. Not sure who exactly says this however. I pity my twin. LOL
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
doppelganger
Traveling with my best friend my wife!