cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a Propane Grill

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
Need to replace our portable charcoal Weber grill with a portable propane grill of the same design. Apparently this grill has been redesigned and gets horrible reviews. So, looking at the Weber Q 1200 propane grill, but am open to suggestions. Anyone out there using one of the Weber Q series? Must be able to fit the limited storage of a class C, grills evenly, and easy clean up, which is VERY important to me. Leaving for a trip soon and RV Park doesn't allow charcoal gills; my favorite way to grill. Thanks for your input. Happy traveling.
43 REPLIES 43

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
We have the Weber Q 2000 and love it. If it died, we would get the same one again.

There's really no need to ever replace a Weber Q as about the only parts that might fail are the regulator and perhaps the gas valve but both are replaceable items. I used my first Q100 for 8 yrs an average of 3x a week year 'round and I only eventually sold it for half of what I paid for it so I could buy the new Q120 which offered additional features. The 120 we use for camping, for several years now use a larger Q220 here at the house, and I expect both will outlast us. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Got my eye on a Weber 1200,, Either the Green or Purple,, Had a Roadtrip grill for over ten years,, stopped taking it because it was to bulky!!
Like the new colors and will join the masses!! Now the important question,,,,,,,,,,GREEN OR PURPLE????????

gmc6000
Explorer
Explorer
Used to have a coleman roadtrip grill, but it finally rusted out. Purchased a new Weber Q 1200 and love it so much more.
2017 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie MegaCab 6.7 Aisin 4:10
2013 KZ Inferno 3710T

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another Weber Q lover having both a 120 and 220.

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Huge Weber fan! Have a Q2200 and 4 other Webers at home. Our Weber Genesis is at 16 years of HEAVY use...I believe the Q to last as long.

Weber has sent me parts (at no cost) for our Genesis when it was 12 years (out of warranty).
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Weber Q 2000 and love it. If it died, we would get the same one again.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using the Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill for the last 3 years and have been very happy with it. It's small enough to stay in the back of the toad, fits in the original box and grills quite evenly.

When I first got it, the regulator was bad. I called Weber and they sent a replacement without even wanting the original back. Great service.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Weber Q120. It is indestructible and cooks quite well. There are people on this forum who have claimed to have had their Weber Q for over 10 years. I like it better than the big "man grill" I have at home. It was also easy to mod to plug directly into the propane port on the side of my rig so I did not have to carry the little green propane bottles or a big 20# bottle.
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Weber Q 1200, bought it a few weeks ago and have used it many times. We bought it for the camper and the house.

It is a little big. We have to remove the top half and store it separately from the bottom half. Not really a big deal for us, since we usually take longer trips. In the summer, we are in once campground for 4 months.

I've used several portable propane grills and the Weber Q is very easy on the propane. I can get 4 meals out of 1, 1 lb canister. I have it connected to a 20 lb tank now, but used the 1 lbers for the first week or two of use.

I am happy with the purchase. I was a little reluctant because of the size and the price, but after going through the cheaper models quicker than I expected, I think I made the right choice. Weber makes a quality grill.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Weber Q200. Whether it will fit your storage area I have no idea.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Geobiker wrote:
Need to replace our portable charcoal Weber grill with a portable propane grill of the same design. Apparently this grill has been redesigned and gets horrible reviews. So, looking at the Weber Q 1200 propane grill, but am open to suggestions. Anyone out there using one of the Weber Q series?

Must be able to fit the limited storage of a class C,

grills evenly, and easy clean up, which is VERY important to me. Leaving for a trip soon and RV Park doesn't allow charcoal gills; my favorite way to grill. Thanks for your input. Happy traveling.

IMHO the weber Q takes up waaay too much room because of its rounded design and handles that you can't stack anything around it and JMHO it is more of fancy case than a good grill.

I have tried them all and threw them all out.
This is what I ended up with and VERY happy. Folds flat like a laptop so you can stack them and fit easily into the smallest bay.

You can go three different ways. I ended up buying the one with the grill AND the double burner one because they take up such little room and are so easy to store.

One for just grilling:

Grill and burner:

and a double burner for some serious stews, chili, & soup cooking.

Add one aluminum lightweight folds flat table that fits all these grills perfectly like in the above picture, from Walmart and you are good to go! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the baby Q and use it all the time. Great grill.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look no further Weber Q Series is the best you can get.

I have the 220 a bit larger but I sometimes need the extra cooking surface and larger top.

My Class C has a very large storage area.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had the small Weber grill for years and I would buy another!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption